DAB station icons

StumpyLeon

Feb 16, 2019
I have a 2014 Leon with Nav and i havent got station icons on my station list,
i have read a few posts about sites and a lot of people used VW sites and use the method,

my question is, do i remove the nav sd card and add the files to it and reinsert it? im using SD2 for music and the SD1 for nav, but if i modify the files on the nav card i'm afraid of doing something that disrupts the nav from working.

can anyone who has done it, shed some light on the process please

thanks

dannytremendous

Apr 4, 2019
Hi

I just put them all on a pen drive and then had to go through the menus on the radio settings to add them individually.

It’s a pain but doesn’t take long and once done they stay there without being on a pen drive.

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StumpyLeon

Feb 16, 2019
Hi

I just put them all on a pen drive and then had to go through the menus on the radio settings to add them individually.

It’s a pain but doesn’t take long and once done they stay there without being on a pen drive.

Danny

ideal thanks for that, when you put them on the pen drive, where do i go to put them on?
my pen drive will go into the glovebox via the media in cable, will it still work?
also where did you get yours from?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
ideal thanks for that, when you put them on the pen drive, where do i go to put them on?
my pen drive will go into the glovebox via the media in cable, will it still work?

You only need the pen stick to upload the icons to each station. Once you’ve done that it can be removed.

dannytremendous

Apr 4, 2019

Hi

I got mine from Wikipedia if I remember correctly and they loaded on.

You go to radio and setup and it’s in there. I think it says manage logos. Then you can just go through to your pen drive using the on screen file system.

Hope that helps as trying to remember as not near car.

Danny

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
Sorry to jump in but I've seen that some people use the icons to put lettering such as C U P R A or L E O N F R. Does anyone know how/where they got the icons with the Seat font? You can find the separate letters online of course but not with that particular font individually

StumpyLeon

Feb 16, 2019
Hi

I got mine from Wikipedia if I remember correctly and they loaded on.

You go to radio and setup and it’s in there. I think it says manage logos. Then you can just go through to your pen drive using the on screen file system.

Hope that helps as trying to remember as not near car.

Danny

just tried it and i have a handful on there, cant find capial fm or virgin anthems etc.
i will have a gander at wikipedias ones,
many thanks for your help guys.

dannytremendous

Apr 4, 2019
Sorry to jump in but I've seen that some people use the icons to put lettering such as C U P R A or L E O N F R. Does anyone know how/where they got the icons with the Seat font? You can find the separate letters online of course but not with that particular font individually

Hi

I guess you will have to get a full Leon or Cupra logo and just edit them in to individual letters. Then save them as individual pictures.

Danny

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
Hi

I guess you will have to get a full Leon or Cupra logo and just edit them in to individual letters. Then save them as individual pictures.

Danny

Ah OK. Too much hassle I'll just get the normal icons (I have icons on the car for some like Kiss, but not for Kisstory. I always thought that the icons were part of the digital broadcast so I'm surprised I have to add them manually).

dannytremendous

Apr 4, 2019
Ah OK. Too much hassle I'll just get the normal icons (I have icons on the car for some like Kiss, but not for Kisstory. I always thought that the icons were part of the digital broadcast so I'm surprised I have to add them manually).

I was the same. I assumed they were just there....... seems odd in 2019.

You can just google kisstory and right click and save from images. Should work.

Reactions: Oddmanout
Apr 4, 2019
I think the image icons being broadcast are pretty standard across Europe. The only one which done it here is BBC World News strangely enough.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
What is it you actually want to spell out?

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Did mine today, i just downloaded logos onto my phone and plugged it in via the usb port :)