:( Dahlback manifold does'nt fit MK3 Ibiza

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Ar$e! Bad luck Bill. I was thinking about getting one of these too!

I'm sure there was someone else making replacement inlet manifolds, and IIRC they were quite a bit smaller. Can't remember who though. I'll have to look it up.

Ben

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
BenS1 said:
Ar$e! Bad luck Bill. I was thinking about getting one of these too!

I'm sure there was someone else making replacement inlet manifolds, and IIRC they were quite a bit smaller. Can't remember who though. I'll have to look it up.

Ben
it pissed me off.
waiting them returning next week to sort it out.
not impressed.

at least the evoshield worked well. LOL small consolation to a wasted afternoon and ££ for nothing.

plan B then... but now i need a poxy manifold again... just sold on the largeport i acquired!! feck feck feck!

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
So you've not got any inlet manifold at the moment? ie. the Ibiza is off the road? :(

Before you make your own, do a little more searchning around.... I'm sure someone on here linked to some other company making good replacement manifolds.

Ben

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
BenS1 said:
So you've not got any inlet manifold at the moment? ie. the Ibiza is off the road? :(

Before you make your own, do a little more searchning around.... I'm sure someone on here linked to some other company making good replacement manifolds.

Ben

no mate still on the road.. smallport manifold now on same engine.
new engine needs largeport manifold... dahlback would be portable to largeport (just) but std one would'nt so easily.. 30% wider inlet ports.

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
ibizacupra said:
no mate still on the road.. smallport manifold now on same engine.
new engine needs largeport manifold... dahlback would be portable to largeport (just) but std one would'nt so easily.. 30% wider inlet ports.

Hmmm, so I guess I've got the same problem when I put my largeport head on, ie. I need a new inlet manifold?

Does my largeport head come with a largeport intake manifold, or is it head only without a manifold? I know that the inlet manifold would be the wron way around, but it might be possible to move my chargecooler around a bit and relocate the washer bottle on the other side (And relacate the battery to the boot)?

Jabba suggested using my current inlet manifold.... ie. take the one from the largeport, and cut it and weld mine to it! Would that work?! Doesn't sound ideal to me?

Ben

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Rather small picture but you can see a simialr manifold on the 1.8T in the Skoda WRC fabia...

tech_motor.jpg

Must be working on the same principles as the Dahlback manifold.

Dormouse

Available In Race Blue
techie said:
Rather small picture but you can see a simialr manifold on the 1.8T in the Skoda WRC fabia...

tech_motor.jpg

Must be working on the same principles as the Dahlback manifold.

Running a 2.0L block aswell :D

And it looks likes it been lowered in the bay, canted forward and moved back and the induction comes from the opposite side.

Dor.

Last edited:

Shock_Xe

do u think they sent u a 210/225 S3 mannifold?? Case of "it points the same way so send him that"

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
BenS1 said:
Hmmm, so I guess I've got the same problem when I put my largeport head on, ie. I need a new inlet manifold?

Does my largeport head come with a largeport intake manifold, or is it head only without a manifold? I know that the inlet manifold would be the wron way around, but it might be possible to move my chargecooler around a bit and relocate the washer bottle on the other side (And relacate the battery to the boot)?

Jabba suggested using my current inlet manifold.... ie. take the one from the largeport, and cut it and weld mine to it! Would that work?! Doesn't sound ideal to me?

Ben

I had an AGU largeport manifold which I was going to cut and shut to make it right handed.. No largeport manifolds in Ibiza/TT right handed orientation.
You would need to duct your pipework to the drivers side to use an AGU type manifold.. The head is just a head m8. No manifold.
Cut and shut or fabricate all new.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Shock_Xe said:
do u think they sent u a 210/225 S3 mannifold?? Case of "it points the same way so send him that"

They only have 2 types. right handed and left handed all smallport.. which they port to largeport (or say you can) to suit application.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
ibizacupra said:
I had an AGU largeport manifold which I was going to cut and shut to make it right handed.. No largeport manifolds in Ibiza/TT right handed orientation.
You would need to duct your pipework to the drivers side to use an AGU type manifold.. The head is just a head m8. No manifold.
Cut and shut or fabricate all new.

I wonder if the AGU one has a larger internal volume than the ibiza/225 one? If it does it would be worth cutting and shutting with a right handed one, if it doesn't (or not significantly larger) maybe it's just worth porting a right handed one.

Then again, probably just starting from scratch.

Dormouse

Available In Race Blue
I imagine it wouln't be beyond the wit of man to fabricate from the LH manaifol a RH one. Chop and thread a ally tube in one and and chop the existing yube an weld a plate over it (tapping a hole for the vac pipe). Just a temp sender after that isn't it?

Dor (oversimplifying champion)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Another manifold rears its head. Not the cad at the top, but the picture below. If that's the stock TB position, then the plenum looks to be lower than the dahlback. Wrong TB orientation though...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1772926

Also mention on vortex of up-and-coming ABD intake manni, which looks like modded stock one...

Edit: Any comments on that post I made about Polishing & Porting the stock one?

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Interesting stuff. Do you know what manifold that is in that picture?

Is porting the standard manifold an option? How much bigger are the intake ports on the largeport head? (I've got a largeport head sitting in the dining room, but no smallport to compare it to.).

Ben

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
No, someone asked him in that thread but he's not reponded yet, and I don't recognise the logo on it. Edit: Does it say "L-Sport" ?

I think bill said 30% bigger, so I guess if you're fitting a largeport you'd really need a largeport manifold, then you'd have to get it rehanded (unless you can swap your piping around?).

I'm not looking at going largeport, just wondering if for us sub-300bhp ;) boys if there's any potential in flowing the standard manifold.

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise