:( Dahlback manifold does'nt fit MK3 Ibiza

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
797.jpg

Surely there must be some gains to be had on a none BT engine! If your getting equal cylinder filling then the engine should run smoother as well as gain 5 - 10 ponys

looks great anyway! Waiting for Yumann to fit the one he was to draw a conclusion ;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
YerMother said:
797.jpg

Surely there must be some gains to be had on a none BT engine! If your getting equal cylinder filling then the engine should run smoother as well as gain 5 - 10 ponys

looks great anyway! Waiting for Yumann to fit the one he was to draw a conclusion ;)

why gains? cylinder fill on OE manifold with std turbo.... filling is more an issue with significant increase in airflows... ie BT

more even? yea probably.. but more power?

we will have to see :whistle:

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
We'll see how it goes once its on. :)

I would of had it fitted by now if i had a deep socket. :redface:

I dont understand why they have 8 hex bolts and 2 stud and nuts that pertrude quite a fair bit.

I'll stop my moaning now.

I've decided that iam going to get the inside of the intake polished up a bit. Its a bit rough from the cast.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
YerMother said:
797.jpg

thats why bill sells throttle bodies ;)

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
Does anyone know if the power gaskets are reusable?

I have a cheapy £3 oe gasket or should i put a power gasket on?

Dont want to spend £45+ on a gasket that has to be scraped once i get head work.

Chhers guys.

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
Yumann said:
Does anyone know if the power gaskets are reusable?

I have a cheapy £3 oe gasket or should i put a power gasket on?

Dont want to spend £45+ on a gasket that has to be scraped once i get head work.

Chhers guys.
You want to fit a Phenolic spacer by EVOshield from what bill has been saying as the powergaskets are a really poor fit! EVOshield is also more effective in keeping the inlet manifold cool!

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
YerMother said:
You want to fit a Phenolic spacer by EVOshield from what bill has been saying as the powergaskets are a really poor fit! EVOshield is also more effective in keeping the inlet manifold cool!

I can't sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the Phenolic spacer reusable? cause ill be getting some head work in the not to distant furture. And dont want to waste the money when i can get it fitted later.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yumann said:
I can't sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the Phenolic spacer reusable? cause ill be getting some head work in the not to distant furture. And dont want to waste the money when i can get it fitted later.

Phenolic is reusable as it comes with gaskets... but if these are damaged they would need replacing. (small port)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yumann said:
:redface: Never thought of that :thumbup:

Quite a good idea actually :D

*TIP*
Wash down the area around the inlet manifold before you do the swap to ensure no dirt falls into inlet.
*TIP*

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
ibizacupra said:
*TIP*
Wash down the area around the inlet manifold before you do the swap to ensure no dirt falls into inlet.
*TIP*

Cheers Bill.

Yeah i noticed a lot of grit above the manifold flange. Will be hsoing it down.

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
YerMother said:
Just hurry up and get it on! ;) Wanna see some pics fitted and see if it makes any difference! It's only an afternoons job :thumbup:

:hide:

Hey Sie :)

I want to get it polished up like robdon's that would look super cool :thumbup:

Im going to do some vag come before and after runs.

Any sugestions what blocks to use/measure?

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
I would say to log:

Block 3 - mass air flow
Block 4 - intake air temperature
Block 20 - ignition retard for each cylinder
Block 115 - requested and actual boost
EDIT: Block 118 - air temp, boost duty cycle and actual boost! Good selection on one block!

that should do it! I put blocks 4 and 20 in to see if the EVOshield makes any difference! Of course the Manifold may also affect them!

Remember if you polish it externally you are reducing its surface area therefore its cooling abilty! Just a thought ;)

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
heatsoak is delayed... log AIt now... run it up, allow it to stand idle for 10 mins, run it again....

Repeat when EVO'd up....

On my ibiza when I was dynoing late last year, it ran on idle post runs for 20mins, where the temps slowly climbed up to 45'C. Several concurrent runs were done before hand.. hot motor. This would have been >65'C easily in only 10mins before the insulator EVOshield.

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
Cheers guys i might just fit it up tomrrow if the weather is good.

Any special way of tightening the bolts eg. like when doing cylinder head gasket?

SHARKY

Yumann said:
Cheers guys i might just fit it up tomrrow if the weather is good.

Any special way of tightening the bolts eg. like when doing cylinder head gasket?
Any updates on this one? The manifold looks very promising :cheers:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.