Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Just a few random shots after it was detailed

DSCF8024-1.jpg

DSCF8025-1.jpg

DSCF8026-1.jpg

Last edited:

Aimez

how much did it cost for your detail, what did it involve and how long did it take and has it removed many scratches? Sorry for all the questions but my car is black too and want to know if ot worth getting this done and if so what kind of detail as theres probably differnt levels you can get done? I have a new quater panel and they machine polished it and it looks swirly and rubbish!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
it only cost me £60 for a machine polish and wax. But he told me that almoste every panel has had paint at some point and poor paint at that. So he could only give it the very lightes of machine polishes because he doesn't know the thickness of the paint and didn't want to go through the paint.

He washed & dryed it first then machine pilished it and applyed 2 coats of wax, he also done door shuts, sills and wheels. It is much better than it was before but I'm thinking about getting it sprayed now as I'm still not 100% happy with it.

Aimez

Thanks for that sounds good for £60 have to try and find someone round my area that can do as I spent hours claying last weekend, all nice and shiny and feels like glass but lots of scratches some of which according to Ad Lav can been polished out. I love/hate my black car!

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Forgot that he also clayed it twice too.

Try a search on yell.com for car valeting services in your area, thats how I found the company that done mine.

Aimez

Yeh will do a search for sure, I presume all detaillers clay first as theres not much point shoving tonnes of wax over the car without doin that first. Claying is THE best thing I've ever done to make the painwork its best, hopefully mine can look like yours especially in the first pic look fantastic!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Small update. Took off the strut brace as it was rubbing on the engine cover and doing my head in. Gona order a seat sport one when I'm back from holiday.

My SEAT Sport strut brace rubs too! Just took a bit off the back of the engine cover with a dremmel tool. Not a great job but doesn't rub or knock anymore...

Car looks great!

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
My SEAT Sport strut brace rubs too! Just took a bit off the back of the engine cover with a dremmel tool. Not a great job but doesn't rub or knock anymore...

Car looks great!

I thought the seat sport one's dont rub on the engine cover or airbox :confused:

Still gona get one though ;)

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
It must be close then Aimez. If it does rub when I get it I'll just put a few washers under it to space it up a little.

dancupra

it clears the tdi lumps but the 20vt it rubs slightly so you need to trim the cover.... as for the air box, it shouldnt as mine doesnt.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members