ibizacupra84

just woundering if it is a standard thrust bearing on the ibiza since you have put a g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch on as it getting a little noisey so i think i have to replace it

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Yes mate, standard thrust bearing but it was replaced with a brand new one when I did tue clutch so it's prob not even done 10k.

Is the sound a rattle sound? If so then that's the normal sound for a car with a SMF. Nothing to worry about.

You can't get a up rated thrust bearing.

ibizacupra84

yeh mate it is a rattle sound, as soon as you put the clutch in it quite, lift your foot of the clutch and then the rattle back so it the thrust bearing but if it only done 10k it should be fine, the car done 57k now, has it always made this rattle sound since you do the SMF conversion ??? to me it just sounds like the thrust bearing dry and need replacing or a very small amount of grease on it

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
As Scott said, it's normal for a SMF to make that sound, even more so when its a lightened SMF.

The thrust bearing will be fine. I inspected the original one when I did the clutch and that one was fine, and that had done 40 odd k miles. So the one that's now in will be fine as it's only done circa 10k (and it was a OEM Seat part too)...

ibizacupra84

Thanks for the info mate, I'am new to VW so its all a learning curve for me lol, I'am glad you told me this i would of been alittle bit piss off if i took the box off and put a brand new thrust bearing in and it still made the noise.

ibizacupra84

Here a few photos of the ibiza now

14072011508.jpg

14072011507.jpg

14072011506.jpg

14072011509.jpg

14072011510.jpg

14072011511.jpg

14072011512.jpg

the low temp thermostate will be getting fitted this weekend hopefully

14072011513.jpg

ibizacupra84

I think it a good idea to run a low temp state on turbo cars, it helps keep the temps a little lower

ibizacupra84

Hi mate, i believe the 4 pots on the ibiza are not standard as i have had a nightmare getting hold of some pads for it, i have sent quite a few pads back now and still no luck :(, what pads did you get and have you got the link to order them ??? and are the calipers standard or off another seat ???

ibizacupra84

time has come to sell Ibiza cupra anyone who is intersted it is for sale for £5500 and will have 12 months mot and tax till 02/2011

wazza16

Mr.Waz
Aug 19, 2010
Arbroath
Alrite lad followed ur DIY sai and valve removing and resistoring! After doing this epc light is on and car runs like bag I sh@&e lol big bangs from exhaust and stutters like a beehatch hahs any ideas? Ta!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members