Damo’s Carbon Edition

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
Since the car has settled got a better comparison shot. Just needs a wheel alignment and spacers now. Wheel alignment proving to be a challenge, as my first choice don’t want to know as it’s lowered and my 2nd choice (as it’s 1 hour away) is booked up for 6 weeks.

View attachment 6835

The ride height is perfect I think.
Marks back on Monday ill see if he knows anywhere local pal

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Worth noting, based on my Photoshop measuring skills using the previous 2 photos. The Eibach Sportlines lowered the front 21mm, and the rear 12mm. However I can't remember if that first shot is before or after I'd done the weekly shop.

However the added camber at the front from the camber plates is likely skewing the front figure slightly due to the angle, so its likely less than 21mm.

Reactions: PP Gareth

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Worth noting, based on my Photoshop measuring skills using the previous 2 photos. The Eibach Sportlines lowered the front 21mm, and the rear 12mm. However I can't remember if that first shot is before or after I'd done the weekly shop.

However the added camber at the front from the camber plates is likely skewing the front figure slightly due to the angle, so its likely less than 21mm.

2nd pictures looks as if the back has lowered more than the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
2nd pictures looks as if the back has lowered more than the front.

Likely due to the angle of the shot. I’ll get s more head on shot to work it out off of. Was only messing around with PS lol

SwissCupra

May 7, 2019
Switzerland
Damo, with the bumper inserts do you keep the fogs or lose them? Dread to think what the splitter would cost here!
Don't know where you are based, but I know somewhere on the south coast that does 4 wheel laser alignment if that'd help?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Damo, with the bumper inserts do you keep the fogs or lose them? Dread to think what the splitter would cost here!
Don't know where you are based, but I know somewhere on the south coast that does 4 wheel laser alignment if that'd help?
South coast is a bit far but thank you.

No there are no fogs with the intakes. But I keep meaning to look into some that would fit, as where the fogs would be is blanked out on the grills anyway.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So minor update. The front end has settled a fair bit. Honestly think the front end is lowered more like 30-35mm compared to what Eibach claim (15mm). It’s a lot more than I wanted if I’m 100% honest, but does look good. Just as comfortable as normal until you hit a pot hole, then it hits the bump stops. Living it with it for now, but the roads near me aren’t great.

So do I gamble by getting the Eibach Pro front springs for the Cupra ST none 4 drive and keep my rear Sportlines as is. Or just keep saving for KW DCC coilovers.

Currently running 10mm front spacers. Bought 15mm for the front and 10 for the rear. More than likely getting some 5mm spacers for the rear to keep the balanced look.

Also running a prototype VAGSport res delete at the moment. No drone on the motorways so very happy. Will post more when I’m allowed to lol but very happy :D Means money for an exhaust isn’t needed.

Deleted member 103408

So do I gamble by getting the Eibach Pro front springs for the Cupra ST none 4 drive and keep my rear Sportlines as is. Or just keep saving for KW DCC coilovers.

I am very happy with the KW Setup, granted I have had it modified but that is only because I track it a lot and wanted the dampers a bit stiffer.
On my car there is a lot of adjustment still on the front so if its to low I can still increase ride height.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Lowering mine tomorrow on H&Rs. They also drop waaaay more than 15mm that they claim, I'll try to live with it rest of the year but not gonna be fun during winter here middle of sweden. Will prob go for coils later and that wasent part of the plan already

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I am very happy with the KW Setup, granted I have had it modified but that is only because I track it a lot and wanted the dampers a bit stiffer.
On my car there is a lot of adjustment still on the front so if its to low I can still increase ride height.
I'll try get a picture, but I'd probably want to add 10mm at the front. We'll see.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
She’s a filthy b**** at the moment...

1A32DD06-FF7A-4130-9714-2393A6BDD722.jpeg

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So busy weekend.

Fitted RS3 coilpacks and RS7 sparkplugs. This was more as they’re recommended and I suppose better for the tune. Didn’t expect any changes to be honest, but I’m sure the car is smoother now. Possibly just a Placebo effect.

Also had a play with some vinyl I ordered on the intakes. Think the grey needs to be gloss to be honest but it’s hiding the copper stone chips I could see.

The vinyl went on easier than I thought, so got a bit cocky with the passenger side so that’s not perfect. But good enough until I get a professional to do it.

1D8FE61B-EC0E-49E9-8905-0C8DA212A6F6.jpeg
251FDCC5-1FA8-48EB-8C82-56424A084062.jpeg
E9702363-E0AA-4960-90AC-50391B11C442.jpeg
1E984201-2BAE-4FF9-9A60-3F4EC07B3DF9.jpeg
28AE3EEB-E458-4A93-9691-F60926F6DADA.jpeg
42A53E24-8BFB-4EAD-AF91-5FE1E797A68D.jpeg

5E316911-625D-4CF4-B5DF-5A7DCB10118C.jpeg

80CF688F-BB61-42FF-BB3B-928F0720EC1D.jpeg

Last edited:

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
So busy weekend.

Fitted RS3 coilpaxks and RS7 sparkplugs. This was more as they’re recommended and I suppose better for the tune. Didn’t expect any changes to be honest, but I’m sure the car is smoother now. Possibly just a Placebo effect.

Also had a play with some vinyl I ordered on the intakes. Think the grey needs to be gloss to be honest but it’s hiding the copper stone chips I could see.

The vinyl went on easier than I thought, so got a bit cocky with the passenger side so that’s not perfect. But good enough until I get a professional to do it.

View attachment 8012 View attachment 8011 View attachment 8007 View attachment 8006 View attachment 8005 View attachment 8008
View attachment 8010
View attachment 8009

I think it looks fantastic in the Matt finish.

Wouldnt jump to gloss immediately, live with it for a few weeks then decide.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just realised I missed off, I’ve also got the turbo muffler delete done. No photos of that mind.

Latest mod is one I’m surprised is not standard on these cars, a metal foot rest. Like my CF gear knob this is an Ali Express bargain. Although turns out it’s the same price as BriSkodas now they’ve reduced the price...

A2B313A5-544A-4D4D-8BE0-4FBEDB1A98C4.jpeg

Next mod is either

Rev A Virtual Cockpit
Or
Carbon Fibre Boot Spoiler (R ST)

Reactions: bigT's lcr

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Looking good pal.

Does the future mods mean you have found somewhere to buy the R ST spoiler from?? Please share

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looking good pal.

Does the future mods mean you have found somewhere to buy the R ST spoiler from?? Please share

It hasn’t turned up yet at the dealer who’s ordered on e for stock not for me, so got to see. Plus still investigating the removal of the original spoiler. I suspect the digital cockpit will happen first as it should be a straight swap. It’ll be September now at the very earliest as away on holiday soon.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.