Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Last Saturday, made the 350 mile round trip to go and collect it. Bought it from a very loving owner, who also gave me alot of other bits and pieces i wasnt expecting, like 5l of mobil 1 oil, tailor fitted car cover and a few others.

Well here it is...
3b308493.jpg

Basic spec:
225PS – 1.8, 20v Turbo – Running the standard map
• K&N 57i Cone filter – freshly cleaned and re-oiled red
• Jabbasport polished stainless heat shield
• Autobahn88 Silicone Turbo intake pipe, in red
• Newsouth phenolic intake manifold spacer gasket
• Forge Motorsport closed loop diverter valve
• N249 Bypass mod
• Various replacement vacuum/boost hoses in red silicone hose

Wheels/Tyres:

• Standard Leon Cupra R 18” wheels – minor scuffs and discolouration, but no buckling
• Toyo Proxes T1-R’s - All 4 newly fitted in February this year, with less than 5,000 miles covered

Brakes:

• EBC Ultimax Discs front and rear
• EBC Yellow stuff pads front and rear – rears have plenty of life left, but the fronts are due for replacement. A set of OEM spec Ferodo pads will be fitted prior to sale.
• New O/S/R calliper, lacquered red to match, fitted at time of brake overhaul (approx 35k ago), plus new brake fluid

Chassis:

• Superpro Polybushes - fitted to Wishbones, Dogbone Torque mount and Anti-roll bar
• Audi S3 upper strut brace
• Original Stock LCR spec springs and shocks – Firm and stiff, but not harsh
• N/S/F Wheel bearing replaced – January 2010

One thing I didn't realise, was how slow these are in standard trim!! Soo...

74dfb527.jpg

FMIC
Milltek exhaust, non res, with sports cat.

this shall be fitted next week and hopefully in for mapping at P-Torque at the weekend...

Today gave it a winter protection, using :-
Auto glym SRP
Jetseal 901
Supernatural Hybrid Sealant
Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax

76e30c70.jpg

Last edited:

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Update again..
34fb41f1.jpg

Love it!

Then I got lazy and got someone else argue with the seized cat bolts
b7a243bc.jpg

Already pulls so much better than the standard down pipe back system. Hopefully it'll be in for mapping on Saturday.

Deleted member 12147

Out of interest what paint did you use on the intercooler? I'm considering whether or not to paint mine.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
What's that miltek like? Just cancelled mine and getting a custom job now as heard mixed reports! Sound good?
Looking good though mate!
Ak

It's brilliant. Genuinely the best fit I've had exhaust wise, no fiddling for get it to sit right, just sat perfectly. Sound wise, inside the car, you'd never know it was fitted. And that's at all speeds. Externally, apparently it's a nice tone according to my mrs when I drove past her work lol.

Out of interest what paint did you use on the intercooler? I'm considering whether or not to paint mine.

To paint, I scotched it up, then etch primed it, then 2 coats of gloss black from halfords.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
More pictures with another wax coat:
a7b9428a.jpg

1b01a91d.jpg

ed2dcf8e.jpg

Some pictures to show how (in)visible the intercooler is:
ba8a0510.jpg

64079d64.jpg

One question, with how the black number plate bracket is, how do people get the big mouth front? as a small number plate would leave the block exposed?

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Well, took the trip up to p-torque yesterday.

Arrived there will was tied up with another car but took the time to come and explain he was running slightly behind, but would be with me shortly.

After he finished, onto my car it was. Strapped down and ran up on the rollers. Then, on the power run, disaster!! Down to 3 cylinders. Gutted. Especially as the previous lever had only just replaced the coils before I bought it. Will took off the. Engine cover off and found cyl 4 cool had come unplugged. Due to a broken look clip. I think he was relieved as I was!

After a few runs, he unclipped it and took it out. Came back and handed me the keys, I took it out, and at first, a little disappointed, but i think this is due to how smooth it is. However, when I drove away, it felt ALOT better, I'm guessing it was down to the heat soak.

Results were:
Std 224bhp/fly
P-torque 278.0/fly

Std 175bhp/wheels
P-Torque 242/wheels

Std 219lb/ft
P-torque 302lb/ft

Will did say it made 315lb/ft at one point but was getting vibration from the flywheel do knocked it back :)

The drive home, as expected, fun. Apart from pulling out from strensham services, giving it a boot full and BANG. I initially thought, well, rods did well lol. But it was the dump valve being blown out the charge pipe :) so a 2 mile walk back to get a screwdriver and all was sorted.

Pics/vid
180e9aa7.jpg

Graph
8f845f5a.jpg

Vid:
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/dunlop172/d2135c8b.mp4

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Does the K&N give off a good noise??? I just bought one instead of the Jetex and heard mixed things on them. It sounded awsome on my old Evo anyways lol.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.