Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
So had its first outing on track, perfomed pretty much faultlessly. It has started to burn/smoke a bit of oil. But the core engine has done 140k, and its now running 1.7/1.8 bar of boost. So she'll be up over the 400 mark now. I've got a customers car to map later this month so hopefully I'll strap mine down and tweak it a little more. I should/need to find out where its burning the oil from, if its stem seals im happy enough to run it this season then build the motor over winter. if its rings then im a little less happy.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Thats awesome mate, reminds me of an orange clio that used to have a TT engine in it years ago. Saw it at FCS and Trax a few times back in the early 2000's.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Nice onelooks like a right beast to drive goes through the gears well quick.
Was that a bit of clutch slip towards the end of the video?

Yeh, the clutch line had come unclipped and was resting on the downpipe. So heated the fluid up enough to cause it to expand and slip the clutch.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Looks pretty quick, still using the SEN circuit then, thought the full GT one might be open by now. I was there last month but not going like that

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Looks pretty quick, still using the SEN circuit then, thought the full GT one might be open by now. I was there last month but not going like that

That was feb 28th..

Another video, with me chasing mick@diamond.

http://youtu.be/avtEZ5nzi_M

Also need to fit a swirl pot due to the surge you see I experience on right hand bends.

I also have some new seats
AAC47547-5819-4986-BFEF-94A77FA5287F_zpsbrnfbqjg.jpg

And Fully Rose Jointed front end (along with roll centre correction kit) to fit.
8061C5ED-85BE-4C40-AC07-A361BD096178_zpsiacguz0e.jpg

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
We've worked out its within a few kg of the renault setup. But obviously having an intercooler etc will add a bit of weight.

In all honesty, it's handling is slightly different from before, but it didn't have a diff before so that could well be the difference in feeling. Feels epic when on song though.

I've just purchased a 2L swirl pot and hose work for it too, to eliminate that awful surge issue.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Fuel setup pretty much done (don't you hate it when you run out of cable when you're already committed?) thats since been hoovered and re-wired!)

I do need to fit a paddle clutch, I've wound it back up to 2 bar, on road tyres it'll spin in 5th (which will be 80mph+ when on boost) but 6th it starts to slip again.
It's bloody addictive though, turbo whistle at that boost level is nuts compared to 1.5bar.

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
So new shell has been collected...

Pictures stolen shamelessly from one of @Porkie's threads.

Kinda in 2 minds what to do, whether to just reshell the grey one into it, or go properly balls out and mental With it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.