Dash noise

Jev

Hi. I have cured one dashboard rattle/creak (lower the steering column - insert black sponge material and raise steering column back up to ususal height and squeeze te sponge - job done).

However, I now have a sound near the right hand side driver air vent. It sounds either like a large crumbling leaf stuck in the vent (unlikely as it would not get past the pollen filter?) Or is sounds like an old fashioned speedometer cable that is sarting to fall out of the back of the speedo (I guess modern cars use electronic speedo and not a physical cable down to te gearbox?)

Chughes92uk

Mine makes a cracking noise particularly in summer when sun is pitching on instrument cowl. They obviously used the wrong material as it is too hard for a dashboard, as a car made in Spain you would think they would use a material less prone to thermal expansion. The stiff suspension exaccerbates the problem.

I will try the sponge on mine as it can be a pain in the ar5e if you have the radio off!

Simmhead

I have a similar rattle on my mk3 Toledo on the passenger side. Though it only tends to happen in 4th gear around 30-35mph - sod's law!! :rolleyes:

If I press on the grey part of the dashboard (not the carbon-fibre effect stuff) it stops. Tried pushing material down the sides near the A pillar, did quieten it but not completely. Think I block it out sometimes, but every now and then I must notice it and it drives me mad!!

Only bad thing about the car really is the plastic dash, I can live with it on the door cards, but the dash is a bit cheap n nasty.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.