Dash - Parking Ticket Swallow / Loss

Tell

Staff member
I'd read about Ateca owners loosing parking tickets etc on the dash (never happened to me).... yesterday in an Arona it struck. Said you have to be careful about where you put the ticket so it doesn't drop down. Shut the door, gone.

There is a very small deep narrow gap right at the front of the dash it vanished into blown by wind etc. Solution take a piece of A4 paper, fold in half and fish with the fold. It caught it and came out :).

I will check to see whether this is the same as the Ateca. MQB manufacturing feature ? :).

Deleted member 120738

I'd read about Ateca owners loosing parking tickets etc on the dash (never happened to me).... yesterday in an Arona it struck. Said you have to be careful about where you put the ticket so it doesn't drop down. Shut the door, gone.

There is a very small deep narrow gap right at the front of the dash it vanished into blown by wind etc. Solution take a piece of A4 paper, fold in half and fish with the fold. It caught it and came out :).

I will check to see whether this is the same as the Ateca. MQB manufacturing feature ? :).

20190719_172136.jpg
You can buy for a couple of pounds on eBay parking ticket clips similar to the ones that Saab used to fit as standard. They have a self adhesive pad and fit in between the windscreen and the 'A' pillar. I have also bought one to fit in my daughter's Arona. Problem solved!

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
View attachment 8648 You can buy for a couple of pounds on eBay parking ticket clips similar to the ones that Saab used to fit as standard. They have a self adhesive pad and fit in between the windscreen and the 'A' pillar. I have also bought one to fit in my daughter's Arona. Problem solved!

Thanks for the info. Keeping a stationary dog clip in the Arona now in the glove box to hold them down. Using my sun glasses case to clip it into in the Ateca. Try to avoid car parking charges:). Yet to investigate the gap in the Ateca but its been reported.

Tell

Staff member
Another possibility except it would make a mess on the dash or the partner would say that whether it did or not :).

I've now been told the precise workings of the bull dog clip, use with notepad held in glovebox, clip together and display :). I'll continue with the spec case method in the Ateca.

I was really posting up the folded A4 paper fishing method to get out lost stuff out when you have parted with your money, the wind blows and the ticket vanishes down a hidden slot. Satisfying not to have bought another ticket.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.