Dashboard Indicator for Indicators not working properly

SEAT - Fitz

Hi,

I have used the search engine for "indicators" but couldnt find this topic soI'm hopefully it is a new one that people will be able to help with.

I have a 53 Seat Leon TDI.

The right visual "Tell Tale" (as referred to in the MoT advice) is not working correctly.

i.e. The right arrow on the dashboard does not light up at all when I indicate right, nor if I put the hazards on, the audible tick does happen though. (equally all good when turning left)

All the external indicators flash correctly.

So far I have removed, cleaned checked the bulbs each in turn.
As I removed each of them I checked the indicator and it's flash & tick rate increased as expected when a bulb goes out.

I have also made sure that all the light connectors are "pushed home".

In addition following research on the net I thought it might be the Harard/Indicator relay, so at the cost of £30 I have replaced it. This did not solve the problem.

a) So the only thing I can think is that it is a bulb in the dash itself...Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

b) If it is a bulb in the dash please could someone advise how difficult and costly this might be to correct? I'm not a mechanic but can follow instructions....

My MoT expires on Friday the 14th Sept so this couldnt have happened at a worse time.

c) Having read the MoT advice to determine whether this is a failure I think it is abiguous as the test is to check that there is a "Tell Tale". Given that I have the audible tell tale, would I still be able to pass the MoT?

If I need to provide more clarity about the issue please let me know , I have tried to provide enough information whilst trying to be concise.

Any help or advice greatlly appreciated.

Fitz

AlmightyO

Help

Hi

Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? Have just had the same issue and car has failed the MOT and the small VAG garage have not been able to resolve the issue after 2 days looking at it. Any help at all appreciated.

Thanks

MitchofLargs

I have exactly the same issue. Indicator tell tale not lighting up on left hand side. MOT fail.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.