dashboard indicators/warning lights

dcalton

hi, just trying to find out if anybody has some links so i can find out what some of the warning indicator lights on the dash mean?
thanks

dcalton

dont have a book its a hire car, just wanted to know what the different indicators meant

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Ahh right. Not too sure where you could find what each symbol is then. They are pretty much the same though throughout the VAG group if that helps.

dcalton

didnt know if there was a link somewhere with the descriptions, any help would be good, tried loads of searches :(

dcalton

had a yellow light come on same symbol as the button next to the traction control button something like this (i) i think and i think theres a steering wheel light in red

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Yellow light, was it in a triangle with a ! in the middle? If so, this is the traction control light, usually flashes if you accelerate hard from a stand still. The red steering wheel light, is it lit up pernamently?

dcalton

the yellow light is (i) the i is upside down and theres also a line along the bottom (_) the red light is actually (i) with a circle and the car starts up then shuts down and the engine fan seems to be on as well, as i said its a hire car from work but just thought id see what was wrong have to wait til tomorrow to sort it

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
the yellow light is (i) the i is upside down and theres also a line along the bottom (_) the red light is actually (i) with a circle and the car starts up then shuts down and the engine fan seems to be on as well, as i said its a hire car from work but just thought id see what was wrong have to wait til tomorrow to sort it

The yellow light is the tyre pressure warning light. The red light sounds like the handbrake/brake system warning light!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.