Dashcam Fitted in my Mk3

Mk1Cortina1964

Mk1 Cortina 0-60 19.0secs
Feb 20, 2014
North Suffolk
That's an interesting one!

The bike is on the pavement, and the car he hit is parked on the pavement!

Both are committing an offence and I would say they both deserve what they got!

:handbags:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
That's an interesting one!

The bike is on the pavement, and the car he hit is parked on the pavement!

Both are committing an offence and I would say they both deserve what they got!

:handbags:

It's not very clear but it appears that there are parking bays on the other side, maybe there is one where the car is parked?

That aside, how do we know the car had not just broken down, plus the cyclist was riding on the wrong side of the road and was clearly not paying attention or in proper control of a cycle on the public highway

boltonredgt

Mar 25, 2014
Bolton
If you notice the cars pulling out you will see that they are driving up the road on the right hand side. that suggests that this is either a one way road or more likely not in this country.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
The fact the muppet on the bicycle appears to be holding a brolly in front of him thus obstructing his view of the road ahead does not help his cause much either hahaha

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
If you notice the cars pulling out you will see that they are driving up the road on the right hand side. that suggests that this is either a one way road or more likely not in this country.

Maybe a one way street, but looks like the uk as the steering wheel is on the right and what looks like a uk taxdisc in the bottom left hand corner of the windscreen

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I'm using an action Cam (Garmin Virb Elite) in the car on the dash and also on the bike fitted to mirror stalk. Bought for keeping rides/drives on fast roads, it's great and is easy to swap vehicles as I bought an extra cradle, it does have the loop function so you can use it for catching dickheads if you want, bit pricey but does eveything, including taking 16MP stills of stuff.

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
The G1W looks very impressive for the price. Are they easy to install?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

It is just like a sat nav, stick to screen and plug in cigarette lighter. You can hard wire to ignition with a couple of extra wires

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Any links for the G1W? I'm going to install on my new Cupra.

Fancy installing 1 front facing and rear facing one.

Anybody fixed one up to the fuse box? I dont really want it plugged into the 12v socket all the time

Last edited:

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
I hard wired an 0801 mini into the fuse box last week and tucked an inline fuse behind the satnav casing (for ease of access). There's plenty of room to run the cable behind the a pillar cover and the dash end panel. I'll take a couple of pics later and post them up tonight.

**When I say 'I' I mean my mechanic at work who knows what the hell he is doing!** ;)

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
Here we go...

21637B68-D770-4123-BC7D-32481D3DFD59_zpsmjn6cmau.jpg

143DCFAF-1026-43FA-87F0-352697B7FF84_zpsmnrkrhoe.jpg

DC39C1E6-5793-4719-8F92-EA5FA754C893_zpsg8wpefw7.jpg

DCD41334-AA12-4527-B776-F379387849D2_zpsy0frsjow.jpg

DFCAC51F-F4E2-48F8-B6E6-3BCF469C9D20_zps3ed6rpym.jpg

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Exactly what I want to do, Straight out of the fusebox up the A Pillar, Across roof and out behind the mirror.

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
I bought a hard wire kit which has a little box on it that apparently monitors the voltage, if it drops below 11.something it will cut the power to the camera. We couldn't be sure if the little box was fused so my mechanic mate cut the wire and added the inline 3amp fuse.

There's already a loom running up the a pillar so we simply taped the feed to it and just tucked the rest of the cable under the front of the roof lining.

If you know what you're doing it's about a 10-20 minute job.

Last edited:

Xyleth

May 25, 2014
Apologies for the thread necromancy and the ineviatably stupid question in advance!

I understand how the hardwire kits work and that you can hide the cable run along the top of the windscreen by tucking it into the ceiling trim - but how do you get it down the A pillar and into thence onto the fuse box?

Do you have to remove the A Pillar trim? If so, how do you go about that in a way that doesn't result in a broken trim panel and an expensive repair bill?

I'm okay with the electrics side of things, just worried about damaging my brand new car (when I finally get it!). Is this something I'd be better off finding a local auto electrican specalist to do?