Dashcam fitting

the bert

Nov 28, 2015
Will be installing my dashcam today hard wired always on, anyone interested in pictures of how this is done? If so can I post them here?
Cheers.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Good Idea Bert.

I'm not sure you can post pictures directly on to SEATCUPRA though.

I have a free account at photobucket and post links from there in the forums here.

Last edited:

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
Will be installing my dashcam today hard wired always on, anyone interested in pictures of how this is done? If so can I post them here?
Cheers.

You hardwiring into the fuses? I fitted mine a while ago. Really easy to fit. Only issue with mine is I'm using the fag lighter which is permanent live so I have to plug/unplug the cam all the time. Left it plugged in for 5 days without using the car recently and had a low battery warning.

the bert

Nov 28, 2015
yup... it was fitted before but I took it out when we had the recent "cant fix your car may need to replace it" drama. will take pics this time to assist the Toledo community.... have a photobucket account so happy days. will be using a twin fuze splitter with the rear wash wipe

will also clean the car as its FILTHY... shameful i know but this callsign has been very under the weather, today is my first day walking unaided in just over a week. ho hum

Last edited:

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
So you want the cam running all the time, I would like to get a ash cam so pics would be great, constant live will drain the battery if car is not used for a few days. also memory will fill up very quickly, I know most will roll over and record but over night will be very boring I think. Trying to think where there is that will turn off after 5mins of car being locked, I know the MDI port does.

the bert

Nov 28, 2015
So you want the cam running all the time, I would like to get a ash cam so pics would be great, constant live will drain the battery if car is not used for a few days. also memory will fill up very quickly, I know most will roll over and record but over night will be very boring I think. Trying to think where there is that will turn off after 5mins of car being locked, I know the MDI port does.

Hi Joe_3490 - Not when it is wired this way, it is only powered on on when the ignition is on hence using the rear wash wipe. This is so as to avoid the always on should you leave it in the 12v power out socket and it dispences with the wires as its almost invisible too.

cheers

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Hi Joe_3490 - Not when it is wired this way, it is only powered on on when the ignition is on hence using the rear wash wipe. This is so as to avoid the always on should you leave it in the 12v power out socket and it dispences with the wires as its almost invisible too.

cheers

Ahh, My bad sorry

but please if you could get some photo's and get a guide up I will most probably use it when I choose a Camera.

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton

cheers

What camera have you gone with?

the bert

Nov 28, 2015
What camera have you gone with?

as a first go I have gone with a halfords NextBase 101 £39.99 and the Nextbase InCarCam Hardwire Kit at £20.00

Im fairly pleased with it but the only negative is it could be a wider angle lense. Im planning on getting a slightly more up-spec unit in Jan and will be donating this one to my brother for his Leon SC

Why the dash cam... insurance dicounts and two very, very suspicious close calls of car in front slaming on brakes one on roundabout one on empty side road for no reason at all bothe with 3 & 4 male occupants in tatty cars .... hummmm anyone???

Last edited:

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
as a first go I have gone with a halfords NextBase 101 £39.99 and the Nextbase InCarCam Hardwire Kit at £20.00

Im fairly pleased with it but the only negative is it could be a wider angle lense. Im planning on getting a slightly more up-spec unit in Jan and will be donating this one to my brother for his Leon SC

Why the dash cam... insurance dicounts and two very, very suspicious close calls of car in front slaming on brakes one on roundabout one on empty side road for no reason at all bothe with 3 & 4 male occupants in tatty cars .... hummmm anyone???

I went with one of these: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a118c-novatek-96650-capacitor-battery-dash-cam-gearbest.9287/

Very pleased with it. So much so I bought one for the wife's new Fiesta. My reasons were similar to yours to be honest although I get no insurance discounts. I do most of my driving on the M56 and the standard of driving on there by some is ludicrous! Covering my back I suppose.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise