Dave's Candy White Bocanegra **Revo S1 25/4/13**

• Thread starter Deleted member 49882
  • Start date

Ryann101

Sep 2, 2012
Cambridge
Yeah I can't seem to find a front ARB only rear. I've got a seat sport strut brace on the front but nothingon the back. Might have to look into the Forge rear strut brace and whiteline ARB just to stiffen up the chassis

Deleted member 49882

Must have a look and see if there is a Forge strut brace for MK5. I haven't noticed one before or heard mention of it.

Deleted member 49882

Awesome GTI...£163. Pricey enough for what it is, but should be a worthwhile modification. Anything that will improve handling has my vote.

Deleted member 49882

Will do. Would imagine it will be fitted by next wk end.

Deleted member 49882

Bit of a delay in getting it, but Whiteline ARB arrived today ... not great photos, but ...

temporary_zps04ea45c2.jpg

temporary_zps5e6150a6.jpg

It is a good bit heavier than I thought it would be. Anyway, hope to have it fitted in next few days. Should make a good difference to handling. Will report back for verdict.

Deleted member 49882

ARB fitted tonight and the car feels very good. Had a good rip out some country roads and few round-a-bouts thrown in for good measure. Very little body roll and car feels well planted. Now, just to organise brake upgrade and remap...job done after that. @jay1990 has put the notion of a track day in my mind. Think I will look into that, perhaps come the summer. ARB was a relatively cheap mod ... Worth doing I think. Adds a little extra weight (about 7kilos), but nothing significant to worry about.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Rear arb is an awesome upgrade, just fitted one to my Leon, its brilliant.

What brake upgrade are you looking to do?

Deleted member 49882

I am just looking for 312mm upgrade. Am watching an item on eBay at moment. Hoping to have enough funds. Have spent over £700 in last month on the car :/ between exhaust and arb, but it has been worth it. am really loving this car at the moment and think it is going to be a keeper long term.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I've got a 312 setup in my shed consisting of brand new everything. New calipers,carriers,hoses,clips,ebc disc,ebc pads (calipers and carriers powercoated red) depends on your budget and location though.

Ryann101

Sep 2, 2012
Cambridge
Looking good buddy. Had a major problem with my car today, this morning driving to work my car started juddering really bad and the boost gauge was going up and down by itself. The exhaust started popping like hell and I had to keep changing gears to stop it. Then on the way home all this stopped but my car was only boosting up to 5psi instead of 20psi!
Any idea why this happened mate?

Deleted member 49882

Em, doesn't sound good at all. I wouldn't be knowledgeable enough to comment with any authority, but sounds like a faulty turbo to me. Best get it checked by someone local and see what they say.

Ryann101

Sep 2, 2012
Cambridge
Just took it out for a drive now and it's boosting up all fine now :S how strange.
Fitted my forge rear strut brace yesterday, great mod and can feel the difference! My car loves corners now, next thing whiteline rear ARB :D

Deleted member 49882

Just took it out for a drive now and it's boosting up all fine now :S how strange.
Fitted my forge rear strut brace yesterday, great mod and can feel the difference! My car loves corners now, next thing whiteline rear ARB :D

All is good then :) prob just need to keep an eye on turbo pressure. Bit strange that, but at least it seems to have corrected itself.

Deleted member 49882

Quick update: 312mm brakes now fitted

Got the brake upgrade fitted on Thursday. A big thank you Robbie / Turbo Boy for the doing the deal with me on the brakes ... really appreciated it buddy. I am really pleased with how the car is sitting and looking now. Brakes will still another another couple of hundred miles to bedd in properly, but they feel great so far. The disks really do fill the wheels now and I think the red callipers / carriers just help to break up the white and black theme. Few quick shots:

temporary_zps062e0e77.jpg

temporary_zps5df8e9e1.jpg

temporary_zps3b590fb3.jpg

Cheeky shot of the carbon dip engine cover with new Cupra R logo insert ;)

temporary_zps1e66c033.jpg

So, really only major thing left to decide on now is engine map ... should I or shouldn't I??? Need to paint the rear callipers red as well. Then the other thing I am also keen to do is get rear diffuser sprayed gloss black and then that should be the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Looking realy good mate! The engine cover looks great too ! How much of a job was the brakes ?
And if you don't mind me asking, how much was it and were from ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise