David Leslie RIP

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Ex hard-charging BTCC racer David Leslie & Team Principal named as victims of the Kent private jet crash. :(

Story Here

192040969_836b107954.jpg

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yes terribly sad loss to the sport. David Leslie is a name that is forever associated with BTCC in its super touring hayday, he was a top class driver. Not only in tourers but in LeMans GT class too. Richard Lloyd setup the Audi Sport UK team in the mid 90s too and was an accomplished touring car driver himself.

Terrible for it to happen in the day the 50th anniversary season kicked off at Brands in the same county. The sport is all the poorer for their passing.

Gutting news when I heard it. He was such a nice chap.
Met him at Brands a couple of years ago at a race meeting. He gave up his time at about 8am to come down and say a thank you to all the marshals for turning out and supporting the meeting. He stuck around to have a chat with anyone and everyone until we had to make our ways to our posts. So few drivers at his level even acknowledge marshals, let alone show up at that time in the morning to talk to us. True gent.

My abiding memories of his driving were when he drove the independent Acuri Ecosse Cavalier and was giving the works Vauxhall drivers, Cleland and Allam, a damn good run for their money all season. He put Cleland's nose right out of joint!

My thoughts and prayers are with his and the other passengers' families.
RIP David.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.