Day Time Running Lights

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
I've been looking at ebay as I don't like the look of them DRLs but like someone on here they have replaced their fog lights on an altra with a German unit with DRLs around the outside of the foglight which act like normal DRLs but then you get a fog light in the middle which still works like normal too, looks really smart

XH558

Had these fitted when I bought my FR 2 weeks ago. Am sending photos to SEAT UK as they are not very bright at all. Crouch down and they hurt your eyes so I think it's an alignment issue. Will puts up when I get a response from SEAT.
I use the car to train learners and they live the car.

Deleted member 88759

I've got exactly the opposite issue. On our new FR 1.2tsi there are no lights on at all unless you switch them on. Didnt order any additional extras when it comes to lights but as far as I know it should have at least the sidelights on all the time no?

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
The law states cars after February 2011 have to have DRL's as standard so if you bought the car or it was registered before then you won't have them

Deleted member 88759

car is brand new so I guess a trip back to the dealers is in order, unless there is a way that I can get them on? my VCDS is the old hex version so doesnt do canbus malarky - only deals with the caddy really.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
The law states cars after February 2011 have to have DRL's as standard so if you bought the car or it was registered before then you won't have them

Its car type approved after Feb 2011, so not necessarily all cars from that production date.

Deleted member 88759

Hmm, So should our car have them on or not? Bit confused! :D

2013 Ibiza 5dr 1.2tsi FR

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members