dayline r8 style headlights

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i cant see the money in the...personal opinion

seen a old mazda 5 or something last week and they decided to put the drl style around the full grill to act like a border.....was absolutely rediculous looking, looked like it ran over an xmas tree and came out with some lights :lol:

Dan_T

Jan 21, 2010
Derby
haha that does sound shokin i can see were ur coming from there jus gunna become the new angel eyes

shazo

Nov 26, 2009
everyone has there own veiw on these... i absolutly hate the cheapo LED strips people are putting on there cars, they look full on chav! ... personalli i think only audi should have daylights, these will look chave in a few years. i was tempted to buy the headlights though, just because i wanted projection headlights for my xenons! ...

personalli i think only audi should have daylights,

I think you missed the post on the last page - all new cars will have to have DRL's from 2011. Also the new SAAB's have already started using the same LED strip style DRL - But as mentioned it doesn't have to be LED, think that's where the "fad" may lie. It could be as simple as the old style volvos which had their sidelights on constantly.

just because i wanted projection headlights for my xenons! ...

I'd also be interested in some projector headlamps though! Don't also mind the black inserts around them!

shazo

Nov 26, 2009
either way to me the manufacture ones look nice... after market ones are mainly chav style... not all, just the ones iv seen up till now... that picture above looks really nice though.

...and yep i agree the black insert with a projection ball would be just what i want, i checked around last month couldnt find just projection, they all had the daylights with halo in them.

shazo

Nov 26, 2009
hmmm, i can understand your point ... if you mess the headlight up its money down the shi**er really, i heard of something called 'LAMIN X' and its suposed to tint the headlight nicely???

I just don't like the LED's they look like an afterthought in that unit... whereas the audi's look designed in to match the whole car?!

18072009598.jpg

Agree/Disagree?

But I agree Scott's done a good job with the photochopping! looks pretty mean!

Last edited:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
it's true...however, i'm starting to find the audi's with the led's pretty chav myself now

i would prefer the beam of light as you can find on those who could afford the upgrade on A4's and R8's...it was also used on the BOCANEGRA prototype. these to me are the nuts as the beam follows the curves around the headlight

as below around the funny led headlights:

bocanegra.jpg

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
... Also I would want them to auto-dim like the all the Audi's do when you put on the indicator... I doubt they do though ... :(
.G.

nothing a small board with some electronics couldn't fix though surely

i prefer the bocanegra concept style as they are less in your face to be honest but the lamps themselves look good against the red

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Has anyone seen the £25 strips that can be fitted yourself? Most people just stick em on the front on the light (very tacky) but some people put it behind the plastic lens and it looks professional.

Bit off topic but whats with those new cars and the fog lights come on when turning? seen a new Merc E class i think it was and Golf MK6 do it. They just come on whilst it is turning and go off again.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
it's true...however, i'm starting to find the audi's with the led's pretty chav myself now

i would prefer the beam of light as you can find on those who could afford the upgrade on A4's and R8's...it was also used on the BOCANEGRA prototype. these to me are the nuts as the beam follows the curves around the headlight

as below around the funny led headlights:

bocanegra.jpg

that looks amazing, i wish i could get something like this

as for the LED lights i honestly thought they'd look aweful on the ibiza, they dont look that bad. i wouldnt have them on mine though, i'd feel like a right chav with them fitted

shazo

Nov 26, 2009
iv seen these lights on a vw polo, a german make called dectan or something, its made me change my opinion completly, they look great, have the LED strip, but like the LEDs on a audi S5, not the single line on chav cars, and its white, with a projection ball. in the daytime the headlights give the car a mean look as they are black. however 200 quid is abit much...

vagfam1

Apr 23, 2008
I think I'm coming round to liking there on the Ibiza, not too keen on the price tho, oh well, hopefully nobody buys them and the price drops then might five them a try

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.