Dead clutch?

Dec 19, 2006
Hi, noticed over the last couple of days that the biting point on my clutch was getting lower, driving to work this morning and the biting point was just off the floor, now tonight its pretty much on the floor and its very hard to change down gears. The cars booked in at AMD for uprated clucth and flywheel but is the clutch whats causing the problem. Only ask as the clutch doesnt seem to slip at all which i would expect it too if it needed changing. My car is LC and done 85,000miles.

Any help or info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Sounds more like your clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder to me.

Common fault on the leon. I've had two masters and a slave cylinder.

Hope its not the slave as Its a pricey fix but If your having your clutch done anyway they'll already have access to it so should save you labour costs.

Last edited:

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
sure would.

When mine went it got progressively lower until I couldn't select a gear. I had to lift the clutch pedal up with my foot after depressing it.

Like I mentioned, if its the slave not the master then its a case of stripping the bell housing to get to it. They usually advise you to change the clutch while your at it but If your having the clutch done anyway it'll save you a load of cash in labour.

Have a read of this http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202318

There's a chance it could be the clip thingy but that goes instantly, if the problems slowly got worse It'll be a cylinder fault.

Last edited:

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
My clutch stuck to floor during the freezing weather. Had to pump it by hand to get it loose again. I assume one of the cylinders froze when it did that? It was -10C at the time!

Dec 19, 2006
Cheers for your help, it's booked in at AMD to have everything changed and going for a helix clutch and flywheel ;-)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.