Dead Passat - Still

cookie1001

Hello.Posted question on Sunday - DEAD PASSAT.Quick recap i have a 2000 VW Passat 1.8 sport which runs and drives fine.My friend plugged his VAG.COM unit and laptop into my diagnostic port on car only to get no output from car ! We tested on his Golf and unit worked fine so therefore must be prob with port on Passat.Have since checked fuses all are fine.My friend has used his laptop on many cars ( Leons,ibizas,golfs,boras,passats,A3,A4,A8 ) and has a good knowledge on cars he suggested i go on this Forum to see if Anyone else has had this prob before as he cant think of what it could be !

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
I'm not sure I can agree that it is the DLC port. It could be the interface cable your friend has. Is using a genuine Ross-Tech interface and current software? Or is he using an aftermarket cable with the shareware versions of VAG-COM?

Do you have an aftermarket radio? It's possible that it is hanging the diagnostic port.

Did the LED on the interface light? Do you have power to the DLC?

cookie1001

Not sure if Ross-tech cable or what version of Vag-com.Standard hi-fi.LED was lit.My friend used his set-up yesterday on his mates A8 no problems.He regulary services cars for friends etc and uses his set-up on average twice a week.Before i bought the car the previous owner had a " flap motor " ( climate system ) fitted, obviously lower dash and centre conssle were removed,wonder if they disturbed/didnt connect port properly.Work was carried out at VW dealer ( receipt to prove ).So is possible that port has no power to it !

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.