Dear Remapped Ibizas whos you car insurance?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Well was thinking of having my ibiza 1.2 remapped but Hastings do not cover modifications unfortunately, so a good job I didn't just jump the gun and get it done then go to my insurance.

Whos your insurance with so I can actually look at a different company in the future?

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
what is the gain on remapping a 1.2? probably not worth the cost or the increase in insurance

Deleted member 103408

Insurance for modified cars there are two sponsors who will do this

Adrian Flux - this is who I used

Chriss Knott - Offer good service but will not insure cars that over 100bhp more than stock(which mine did)

Greenlight - Couple guys who do track days use these as they offer good price and cheap track day insurance if you are in to that.

Reactions: MXP2090

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Insurance for modified cars there are two sponsors who will do this

Adrian Flux - this is who I used

Chriss Knott - Offer good service but will not insure cars that over 100bhp more than stock(which mine did)

Greenlight - Couple guys who do track days use these as they offer good price and cheap track day insurance if you are in to that.
cheers fella

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The stock power is likely to be 116 to 120 (independent Dyno tests on the net) so it's a lot of expense for not much extra to get it to 135

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
dont think im going to do it anyway, hastings dont cover at all and would have to cancel my current policy which is already paid up and due whilst next june now ffs... Had to choose a company that doest agree with modifications

Deleted member 103408

if you ever do mod in the future its worth asking insurance company if there is a limit. I used Esure they were fine with a map and some splitters but when i started doing other things they said No

ITzadamZz

Aug 29, 2019
Ibiza’s 1.2 tsi are worth getting re-mapped. 90bph to 145 (stage 2) for £150 worth it. I am with Hastings as well.

Just don’t get it dynoed.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Ibiza’s 1.2 tsi are worth getting re-mapped. 90bph to 145 (stage 2) for £150 worth it. I am with Hastings as well.

Just don’t get it dynoed.
I got intouched with hastings and they said they wouldnt be able to cover if I was to get it remapped. A lot of people have told they dont even tell their insurance even if its just a stage one and change with parts on their car ect...

Deleted member 103408

If you go to a proper modified insurance company i would expect that you can get insurance.

However not telling insurance companies would in my view be very silly. You are knowingly driving without insurance and I suspect you would be personally liable for any cost's to any other motors in an accident.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
However not telling insurance companies would in my view be very silly. You are knowingly driving without insurance and I suspect you would be personally liable for any cost's to any other motors in an accident.

Just to add, I was really worried about phoning my insurance at the time (Direct Line) when I started modding my FR+. After agonising for hours, I called them and they charged me £35 for the year. They didn't care about any of the cosmetic stuff. They added on another £30 a year when I went over the first £2k of suspension upgrades. So for £65 extra a year for piece of mind, it was worth it.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Just to add, I was really worried about phoning my insurance at the time (Direct Line) when I started modding my FR+. After agonising for hours, I called them and they charged me £35 for the year. They didn't care about any of the cosmetic stuff. They added on another £30 a year when I went over the first £2k of suspension upgrades. So for £65 extra a year for piece of mind, it was worth it.
i rang mine(hastings essential) and it they dont cover once modified. So I they would have to cancel my insurance and find another one. Iv already paid in full for the year so may as well wait until its due for renewal