Debadge and wrap

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
debadge is quite easy dude...... to do mine i did:

heat up letters with hairdryer to soften the glue

use fishing wire to remove the letters

then spray tar & glue remover on the remaining sticky residue and use and old credit/bank card to scrape off the glue (might need to repeat this several times to get it all off)

give it a quick wash down to remove any traces of T&G remover

then a quick polish to spruce it all back up :)

for the badge i've bought some plasti dip from halfords but yet to do it (waiting for better weather)

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
debadge is quite easy dude...... to do mine i did:

heat up letters with hairdryer to soften the glue

use fishing wire to remove the letters

then spray tar & glue remover on the remaining sticky residue and use and old credit/bank card to scrape off the glue (might need to repeat this several times to get it all off)

give it a quick wash down to remove any traces of T&G remover

then a quick polish to spruce it all back up :)

for the badge i've bought some plasti dip from halfords but yet to do it (waiting for better weather)

Sweet mate! I will give it a go at some point then if it's easy enough to do! And yeah I was thinking about plasti dip too, I've had a look online but didn't really know whether it was a good idea or not, becoming more and more convinced though! Might even dip my alloys hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
Hi lewischadwick7, just a quick one, for your plasti dip did you just buy a spray can or did you get the gun and the tape and everything for it? As I don't know what I need to do it, thanks mate

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
Yeah that's that one I was looking at, probably easier to just mask the outside and spray it, or even wrap cling film on it instead of tape perhaps.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Yeah that's that one I was looking at, probably easier to just mask the outside and spray it, or even wrap cling film on it instead of tape perhaps.

aye that could be a good call, i'll wait for the weather to pick up a bit and get it done, wanna do my lights with tint spray at the same time too

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
Can you do your lights with tint spray though because is that road legal? I have fly eyes on my rear lights and they're legal as they let the light through them

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
aye that could be a good call, i'll wait for the weather to pick up a bit and get it done, wanna do my lights with tint spray at the same time too

If you find any products to spray your lights could you send me a link or let me know what you're going to use for that aswell please mate?

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
Do you spray it over your whole lights? Do they still let the light through and are they road legal do you know?

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Do you spray it over your whole lights? Do they still let the light through and are they road legal do you know?

i did my whole lights (but cut round indicators & reverse bulbs, but purely for the looks nothing else) not sure on the legalities mate but i never got pulled for em, just dont go too dark, my best advice is layer em up gradually and let it dry see what you think then another layer and so on until you're happy

on my leon i will be spraying the whole light though

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
i did my whole lights (but cut round indicators & reverse bulbs, but purely for the looks nothing else) not sure on the legalities mate but i never got pulled for em, just dont go too dark, my best advice is layer em up gradually and let it dry see what you think then another layer and so on until you're happy

on my leon i will be spraying the whole light though

Would you recommend spraying the whole light? If not, which parts would you spray and not spray? Looking to do it tomorrow if the weather holds up! Also going to try debadge 'Ibiza' and dip my seat logos front and back!

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Would you recommend spraying the whole light? If not, which parts would you spray and not spray? Looking to do it tomorrow if the weather holds up! Also going to try debadge 'Ibiza' and dip my seat logos front and back!

ye you might as well on the ibiza's, i've seen a few done locally and they do look well! just do what i mentioned with layering the coats until you get the desired finish :)

i'm going to hold off my plasti dipping until it warms up a bit to around 10+ degrees as i dont think it will go right in this coldness :(

debadge will be absolutely fine though! :thumbup:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members