Debadge grill

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields
AV just been reading another post about that it sounds like good stuff a think al be giving it a go. Can you get it from halfords ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markjw2

Feb 16, 2015
Not to sure, I always get the spray cans from a website called matt-pack, only thing is it sprays on matt but you can buy a glossifier.
Here's it on mine: (behind plate and lower lip)

6af50afdb93dc39bd82012b577e2aebc.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields
Aye that looks smart mate al give it a go n order some paint. Gona add some little red strips to bottom lip aswell. Do you think it would work on door sill?

markjw2

Feb 16, 2015
How do you mean on the sill?
I've used it on 2 sets of alloys before aswell as my wing mirrors (which I've took off as I wasn't a big fan)

NAY1

Oct 14, 2015
They don't sell it in halfords. eBay or plastidip.co.uk.

Great stuff I used it on my grill and rear Chrome badge. Good for beginners who don't have a clue about spray paint as you can just peel it off its wrong.

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields
I was thinking of painting the inside of the door sill and making a stencil to put some custom writing on, would that work?

Cheers NAY1 mark said a site called matt-pack I'll give that a look, I can spray alright like but I like the idea that it can be removed easily. I've already sprayed some of the inside of the car satin black, the sun visors turned out well with the fr badge its on readers rides if you wanna look :)

Dannycf

Nov 13, 2015
They (halfords) sell some similar spray to this, I've used it myself on my badges, didn't do a great job so peaked it off after 2 months. Did hold on well though even with a jet wash

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields
I need something that's Gona hold well as I get my car washed at least once a week sometimes more (if I park it under a tree and the birds crap all over it) I'm Gona give it ago anyways I'll post pictures on Saturday coz I'll have my new lights on them aswell

markjw2

Feb 16, 2015
I was thinking of painting the inside of the door sill and making a stencil to put some custom writing on, would that work?

Cheers NAY1 mark said a site called matt-pack I'll give that a look, I can spray alright like but I like the idea that it can be removed easily. I've already sprayed some of the inside of the car satin black, the sun visors turned out well with the fr badge its on readers rides if you wanna look :)

Can't see why it wouldn't work tbh be tricky to get right tho, also when I had it on my alloys its lasted a years worth of jetwashes easily

Last edited:

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields
Ive got a rough idea of how I'm going to do it what sort of drying time am I looking at? Must be good stuff am always washing it with it being black got to keep her looking it's best

markjw2

Feb 16, 2015
I've only done it in the summer in nice weather and then it took about 10minutes to dry between coats (I usually go for 4/5 coats depending on how much I have) best way is very thin coats as its easier to get a better finish and it drys faster :)

Dannycf

Nov 13, 2015
Definitely stick to light thin coats like Mark said. I find that it can run much easier than normal spray paint but a steady hand and light coats, dose work really well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields
Cheers for all the advice looking forward to making it abit more custom hopefully make it stand out from the others round my way

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields
Just read that one mark, I'm hoping the rain stays off I was going to use a hairdryer to speed things up abit between coats. I'm going to make me stencil tomorrow not sure what it's going to be yet tho.

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields
Cheers mate, A sprayed it black then painted the red bits with some gloss I had in the House turned out alright like. AV done me headunit surround aswell n that's looking alright

Dannycf

Nov 13, 2015
Was thinking of doing that to mine, with the round silver rings around the heat vents and doing them red. You got any pictures of the interior?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jamiedean

Dec 24, 2015
South Shields

A haven't done me vents yet but AV done me light cluster but that photobucket not letin is add anymore, the on my readers rides the the rest of them

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise