Debadging S on boot lid

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
Has anybody ever flushed the boot lid and taken off the S which opens the boot?

If so what did you use to open the boot? Just a standard boot popper?

Thanks

D20vt

Sep 17, 2006
I had one on my Leon, i used a standard trunk popper and i used a switch of a 99 passat:

achterklep.jpg

handrem1.jpg

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
If you could code the 3 button flip key to work it would be a tidy mod.
I'm still not keen on the S not being there personally, but we're all different.

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
hi D20VT,

Loks awesome mate. Where did you get your popper from? Seen one on ebay but really dont like gettin stuff off there...

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Also a little note, once you take it off and couple it with a de-lock mod, YOU HAVE NO WAY BACK into the car is the fuse blows, you have to break the windows to get in, as there are no keys left to open a door with.

I've many times thought about de-badging the rear, but its just a risk that i cant take boot is the only way in the car if the central locking plays up as its dead locked once you lock the car up.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
And how to do you pull the cord INSIDE the car when you cant get inside????

When the delocked door and dehandled/locked boot, THERE IS NO WAY INTO THE CAR????

You have to take a window out and then get to the central locking module etc to get the doors to remoe the dead locks.

So smash the window then grab a secret cord to open the boot, when you could just jump into the car thou the window you just broke to get in...

Trust me I thought it all though when i went to do it, and the end of it is, if you delock the handle then its best not to delock the boot, and if you delock the boot and not the door, well your leaving a big problem with the locking system WIDE OPEN!

** No offence to be taken on this, its just the way i am! lol **

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
I havent delocked my door for starters so i simply unlock my car with my key, pull down one of the rear seats and pull the extra cord i'm putting in.
Besides theres alot of cars out there which have boot release buttons.
I'm sorting out the correct size fuse, and always carry spare fuses.

So i'm happy with the delocked boot, going for the smooth look the way i want my car.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I havent delocked my door for starters so i simply unlock my car with my key, pull down one of the rear seats and pull the extra cord i'm putting in.
Besides theres alot of cars out there which have boot release buttons.
I'm sorting out the correct size fuse, and always carry spare fuses.

So i'm happy with the delocked boot, going for the smooth look the way i want my car.

I'm guessing you're not aware of the 'issue' that exists with the convenience unit of these cars?