Decat mot pass

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
On the bright side, if it's due during lockdown, it's being extended by 6 months.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
77413f14830bc6ef77fcd1154c529aeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I really want to stay decatted but I just know it's going to cause me grief when it comes to MOT time.

Bruce, that's not for a mk1 LCR though is it?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Ah that's cheating, dervs are much easier to swing past the MOT when it comes to cats.

Reactions: bruceR

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Friendly MOT tester or get a can that can be added and removed. I am intending to get one that clamps in, I can then remove it and add it back in as I wish.

Reactions: Legojon

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Would swapping from cat to decat (or vice versa) cause the eml to stay on?
Tempted to fit dummy cats to mine.
Stage 1 remap 18T bam engine.

Rich

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Would swapping from cat to decat (or vice versa) cause the eml to stay on?
Tempted to fit dummy cats to mine.
Stage 1 remap 18T bam engine.

Rich
Yes, it'll need mapping out. I know you can get lambda sensor probe extensions to put it further away from the exhaust gases which can help to trick the ECU into thinking its closer to its parameters but it's not guaranteed.
I have one on my decat but as I didn't map the car I have no idea if its needed or not without experimenting first.

Reactions: mty12345 and Rich.T

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Removing the cat will give you an EML for the secondary 02 sensor which measures the efficiency of your cat. Your best bet is to create a swap out section for the mot, or just put the cat back on for an mot if you've straight swapped it for a decat downpipe like I did. Regardless of emissions if there is no cat on your car it will fail a visual inspection before it ever gets on an emissions test. So if your mot guy wont run another car for you for the test. Your going to need a cat.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Yes, it'll need mapping out. I know you can get lambda sensor probe extensions to put it further away from the exhaust gases which can help to trick the ECU into thinking its closer to its parameters but it's not guaranteed.
I have one on my decat but as I didn't map the car I have no idea if its needed or not without experimenting first.

I fitted one of the right angle spacers and it worked a treat. It's actually still on with my sport cat now simply because it wasnt throwing a light up either way. Suppose it would be better to have the sensor in but need to extend the cable.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.