Decision time guys

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
Now i have saved up some money i have the option to buy one of my 3 most wanted mods at the moment but i cant decide what mod to do so need some help,

1) Blueflame exhaust £525 + Revo Stg 2 £50

2) Private Plate £400

3) Coilovers £600

At the moment i am probably 50 - 50 between private plate and exhaust but just cant decide so advise needed please! :confused:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Mate, ive got all 3, and without a doubt i would go for the Blueflame and Stage 2. The difference in the car for having the blueflame is incredible, and I still have a smile when i hear it roar.

Just had the coilovers fitted, and yes it does make a difference, but the smile factor definitly belongs to the exhaust.

Also consider a priority is the short shifter, this is a fantastic mod, that makes a significant improvement.

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Private plates are a nicety, but sometimes a PIA. You never actually own the plate, just the right to display it. You pay more and more to move it from car to car, and if you have to sell a car quickly (as I once did), even though you puchased the plate from the DVLA, if the plate moves with the car to the next owner it now belongs to them. They have no right to give it back either!!! Lost my Lupo plate under those circumstances!!!

BF exhaust every time - at least you'll get a tangiable benefit.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
Ok then it looks like the exhaust and stg2, has there been any problems with the 100 cell high flow cat and it passing MOT's or is that just rumours

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
so really its only from cold start that it may cause a problem then, also i have seen the advert for the exhaust on ebay and it says it doesnt include gaskets what gaskets are these and will i need to buy new ones aswell as the exhaust

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Id say coilovers myself, but if your going for the BF system dont worry as you can cahnge the cats over (bolt in bolt out unit) so if 100 cell wont cut it you can swap it for a 200 or similar for the MOT

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Is the Private plate going to be specific to the car ... or specific to you?

Mine is specific to me ... and it's £70 to transfer everytime I have a new car. I don't mind ... and I like the plate, some people take the piss, but I dont care.

BUT ... if it was a choice between Blueflame + stage2 OR a private plate....

Blueflame + stage2 ... DEFO....

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
TBH for the price you may as we ll pop up to Blueflame and have it done there. I took all my motors up there to have it done. then you KNOW it will be a good fit.

Unless you live miles away I suppose!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
just a bit of advise - revo stage 2 IMO requires an SPS3. You wont get the full benefits of it if you dont have one - therefore you might want to consider the cost of the upgrade to sps3 as well...

Coilovers @ £600 seems a little high in price, but I assume you are taking into account fitting costs with that? The FK Highsports are available at £375ish, and garages can fit for £150ish too.......

Having said that, you might be going for best coilovers out there? I wouldnt spend that much, but thats just me :) If you are including fitting cost with them, then you will need to add fitting cost to the blueflame to make it a fair competition :)

Private plate - nice finishing touch TBH, but not really anything that good. For £400 it wont be fantastic anyway.

Personally 1 or 3 from that list.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
i live in hedge end, southampton so blueflame is quite far away i was thinking of having it fitted at JKM in portsmouth and getting my dog bone bush fitted at same time as having my stg 2 put on, also a mate of mine has an sps3 so i can borrow his to get the setting i like the most but i guess to raise more cash i could sell my sps 2

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
jkm in portsmouth are great mate - get all my stuff done there. In fact in for my cars 1st MOT on saturday....

Stage 2 will probably need settings changed throughout the year - from what I read you need to adjust the settings from winter/summer as conditions change. I must admit I dont really know what i am talking about as i type this - so i could be wrong. i had an SPS2 but upgraded in the end.

JKM did my dogbone too :) I couldnt be bothered and it was in for a service so got them to pop it on for me.