Decisions Decisions!

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
Hi all.

Recently test drove both versions of the FR. Pretty impressed!

I drive a Revo'd PD130 at the moment, so obviously I was used to the grunt on the diesel, but it was much smoother and quieter than mine, plus the traction control seems used to the extra power so there's alot more grip.

The 2.0 TFSI was great fun. Sounds awesome and goes really well, but just not quite as torquey lower down.

I'm not doing the miles I was doing before, so the petrol is a good option for me.

I really like the FR, it looks cool, goes like stink, has good kit and I loved the seats!! But I just can't decide on the engine. If they did a Revo for the TDI I'd snap it up like a shot.

But a couple other models have come to bug me....

My local dealership has 2 LCR 225s for £15500, both with around 4k on the clock, both registered in November 2005, and both in immaculate condition. One in Luna and the other in Platinum.

They also have a new Leon Stylance PD140 with the full bodykit and the 18" alloys for around £16000. Revo'd I'd get 185bhp.

Do I save a few quid and get a LCR with the potential of 265bhp?

Do I go for the New FR 2.0TFSI and Revo it to 255bhp?

Do I get a fully kitted up new Leon TDI with 185bhp?

Or Do I get a new FR TDI with 170bhp and hope Revo do something good soon?!

Driving style?? I don't hammer it on the motorway, but I do like to know I have a nice bit of grunt under my foot to get going when I need to.
Around town I drive pretty briskly, so handling stopping quickly are important and again I like to pull away pretty quickly.

I've arranged with the dealer to take out a LCR next week, but obviously I'm not going to have an idea of what a 185 TDI revo would feel like.

Help me!!

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
You forgot the fourth option of buying my TFSI sport and revo'ing that to 240bhp for a darn sight less than any of the above...

Could come to an arrangement on the price guvnor... ;) ;)

Snoopy

Apr 24, 2002
Durham, England.
Also remember the last batch of cupra Rs SEAT knocked £2500 off the old rrp to make a RRP of ~ £15500 to clear stock and most dealers would sell them for 15K so not that good a deal with a few miles on imo.

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
How would I go about getting a new cupra R?

Surely the dealer wouldn't be interested in selling one?

The Exeter dealer is selling a used Leon Sport PD140 for 17995 with the full kit and touring car livery like the one on the banner above.

If you go to

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/SEAT/site/Service/used-cars/linkpage.html

Do a dealer search with EX2 8LH as the postcode, bring up smc exeter, then look for the 17995 leon in grey you will find it.

I would post a pic but we're not allowed!

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
It costs more because its got all the extras like th 18" wheels, the full bodykit, sat nav etc etc

Whatcar seem to think that one could get a FR TFSI new for 15,900. Anyone reckon a dealer would go that low?

If they could I know what I'd have!!