Delay on all boc and cupra orders

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
So I am relaxing at home this evening when my phone rings. It's the dealer and he says to me, " I am afraid I have some bad news mate." I ask what the problem is and he says to me there is a delay on all boc and cupra orders. Mine was supposed to arrived in the first week or two in March now all of a sudden it will be the first week of April!!!!:wtf:!!!!!
Has anyone else out there had the same call???? This is a joke as I have been without a car since I ordered it in October last year!!!!! I am so pissed it aint even funny right now.[:@]

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I thought there was a good delay on them anyway. I waited 4 and a half months for my Boc. My mates girlfriend waited about 5/6 months for her convertible beetle.

ED

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
So frustrating. I have never in my life waited so long for a car. I guess I should just suck it up and deal with it but damnit man!!!! I just want the car you know, I am like an obsessed fan or drug addisct that wants his fix hahahahahahahahahaha.

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
I'm told mine will be here before March 1st also ordered in October. Hoping to collect on Monday will be gutted if i dont!

M12ETM

Dec 11, 2009
Luton
I havent yet had this phone call, I was in my dealer the other day and all is on track for mid march but pick up of 1st april..

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I think I will call them to clear this up today, I need an answer as to why there is this sudden delay they are talking about.

Sonkaldebi

I ordered mine at the end of Jan and got told i would have it before May but still not had a build date yet

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I rung the dealers and the salesman aint there today so waiting for the sales manager to get back to me now.

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
poop not the news I was hopeing for.... I secretly had fingers crossed for early march.... looks like it could be longer by the sounds of it....

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
OK so just got off the phone with the sales manager. My car was built but failed QC!!!!! So they had a big fight as the factory told them to re-order which meant I would get my car in November!!!! They said no way, make a plan so they have now given me a build date of week 11. So if all goes well the car will be here mid April. Just my luck I tell you, though I would prefer to have a new one built as if there is a problem from the get go it will always be there so better to make new one. The reason there will be a delay from now on on all boc and cupras is that they will only build to spec and once they have a certain amount they will then produce. So if you order now you will most likely only get it in November.

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
thats unlucky, but still better than november....thats some stupid lead time....

If I was buying again & got quoted 9months leadtime there is noway i'd have ordered one...

fingers crossed yours will be here soon!

Curdy

This is gonna put me off from buying a Cupra, Due for a test drive this week. Im not waiting 9 months for a new car, thats ridiculous!

M12ETM

Dec 11, 2009
Luton
Wowwww! I can see people with Bocas and Cupra being offered stupid money if you get lucky with some people, that waiting list is ridiculous!

NicksGotAFR

May 31, 2007
South London
I spoke to my dealer last week, he said my cupra has an april build date (although back in january he said it was confirmed march) he seems to be totally clueless on any delays!!
To my utter shock he also said that they would pay for service n mot on my current beeza (which i'm part exchanging in april) and possibly give me a courtesy car if my cupra hasn't turned up when my current finance is up!! :)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Nice one. If mine does not arrive when they said I can tel you they are gonna be up sh1t creek without a paddle. I will want a courtesy car until it arrives or I'll just cancel the order and buy something else. Which is not what I really want to do.

Allan Andersen

Mar 12, 2008
DENMARK
www.xenonkits.dk
Nice one. If mine does not arrive when they said I can tel you they are gonna be up sh1t creek without a paddle. I will want a courtesy car until it arrives or I'll just cancel the order and buy something else. Which is not what I really want to do.

ordered mine 29 dec build process at stage 7 will be delivered whitin 3 weeks:) im happy...

Sonkaldebi

aaaarrrrrhhhh just had a email my car is delayed another 3 weeks!!!!! mid may now

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Anyone not wishing to wait can buy my Boca off me if they like. After £30k but will chuck in new coil overs and 18" wheels :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.