Delay on all boc and cupra orders

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Our cars are also right hand drive mate heheheehehehe. I ordered mine in October last year and was due delivery in March this year. It failed QC at factory and had to be re-built. Picked her up last week-end. 6 months in total it worked out to. but generally 4 months and as far as I know they are only building to spec now so could take a bit longer.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
i ordered it 18th of march and now its scheduled for getting it week 2 or 3 of may. dealer is supposed to get it second week of may but they have to do chiptuning fit a forge spacer other front brakes and a set of eibach coilovers.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
So then 4 months it should be. Sounds about right mate tbh. I wouldn't stress too much. I waited 6 months and others have waited almost as long too.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
mk2 cupra if i count it is 2 months from 18 march til about 18 may LOL yeah i did read you story about QC you are so patient haha it is now down to 4 weeks or so and i must say i'm getting pretty excited LOL

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL. trust me mate, once you get those keys you will understand the excitement and wait was well worth it. My car still puts a smile on my face all the time hehehehehehe. hang in there mate, it'll be there when the time is right.

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
depends if you ordered a cupra or boc, then yeh it sounds about right as they put mine back by 4 weeks... its just a precaution they take... as its not getting built this week so they have said 4 weeks as if it can be built next week then yeh... its what they did with mine.

Sonkaldebi

Cheers lads, i ordered mine on the 20th of Jan they delayed the order 3 times and are now saying 30th June. Yeh i am defo going to wait for it like but just want to see if i can blag a courtesy car, sold my car last month. If someone at seat has made a mistake and with how long M3rta has had to wait i think i am on for a good blag with them.

cheers

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
i found the worst part of the wait for my FR TDI was the actual day of collection. I was collecting it after work, so i spent all day watching the clock and an 8 hour shift fealt like a 20 hour shift :p

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
Lol i dont think you can 'blag' as you like to put it, as much as you think... they will probably say 'it was your choice to sell your car, its not down to us to sort you out with a courtesy car', Mk2_cupra got his due to his car failing QC i believe. I dont think your going to get a courtesy car, just because of a delay... well i would be surprised if you did.

Sonkaldebi

never underestimate the power of the blag haha i will be driving a brand new Candy White Cupra within 10 Days :) i am a very happy man

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
right... so they have a brand new candy white cupra already at the dealers? for you to take as a courtesy car... but yours hasnt even been built?

Sonkaldebi

erm i kind went a bit mental on the phone and made them give the car that is coming in this week as my car. i told them Otherwise i would be ordering a Audi (i had no intension of cancelling haha) i will just be missing out on the bluetooth

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
right i got my update today from my dad. And surprise surprise, the dealer told us it had been shipped... yet fact is... its still in bloody spain! I love how someone's car has been built week 12, and is getting theirs this weekend then the fact mine was built week 11 and isnt even here. How does this work? Takes the absolute P. Im fed up of this now. so now supposedly thhe delivery date is 5th.

MARKG_BOC

Feb 2, 2010
nottinghamshire
Thats taking the piss mate mines not been no delay everything on time,
He told me mine was on ship then two days later says in England just keep ringing them mate

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.