Dension Gateway Ipod connector

sconibeer

Hi Guys

I am looking to fit a Dension Gateway 100 ipod adapter. I've been searching through the numerous threads, but can't seem to find the definitive answer, so thought i'd ask.

I have an 07 Leon FR TDi with bluetooth option (large dash MFD) and standard MP3 Stereo (with aux input)

If I get the Dension GW16VC1 will it display track/artist info on the MFD or not.

I have tried the GW16VW1, which works, but without the MFD display info.

Has anybody done this successfully with a car the same spec as mine.

Thanks

Scott

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Hi

It looks like there are several types of adapter for these head units.

I have Mk2 Sport TDI which apparently has a Blaupunkt head unit. Was supposed to have Gate 100 fitted few weeks ago & the guys said they ordered GW16VC1 but had wrong connectors on. Have reordered & due to be fitted tomorrow.

When I have it installed will post with feedback on part used/functions etc. If you can wait a couple of days this might help.

Cheers

sconibeer

Thanks for the reply seremotors.

I had already read that thread and was as confused at the end as I was at the start.
My local Seat delaer sold me a G16VW1 because their application chart says its the correct one for my vehicle and it will display on MFD. Guess what, it didn't.
I emailed dension direct and they told we that the G16VW1 will not display on MFD (as claimed by Seat), but would only say that the G16VC1 would "probably work".

Obviously if somebody out there has got a working system with MFD display, on the same spec vehicle as mine, I'd love to know what they've fitted.

Thanks again.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah done this and works fine get track info on your display and track time and artist etc and control off steering wheel control and wiper stalk. I tried a gw16vw1 supplied by seat and it didn't work so ordered a gw16vc1 and it works. Been running it for 2 or 3 months now and all ok. It's great the cable for the ipod is even long enough to put your ipod in your centre armrest if you have one? Hope this helps. Kev

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Yeah done this and works fine get track info on your display and track time and artist etc and control off steering wheel control and wiper stalk. I tried a gw16vw1 supplied by seat and it didn't work so ordered a gw16vc1 and it works. Been running it for 2 or 3 months now and all ok. It's great the cable for the ipod is even long enough to put your ipod in your centre armrest if you have one? Hope this helps. Kev

Hi
The saga continues!

i've now been told by the guys that were going to install mine that Dension no longer supply a suitable unit & offered to fit a Connects2 instead!!

Does anyone know if I can still get a Dension Gateway 100 that will work with the MFD? If not, has anyone had any experience with the Connects2 as I don't know anything about them?

Any help much appreciated.
Cheers :confused:

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Hi
The saga continues!

i've now been told by the guys that were going to install mine that Dension no longer supply a suitable unit & offered to fit a Connects2 instead!!

Does anyone know if I can still get a Dension Gateway 100 that will work with the MFD? If not, has anyone had any experience with the Connects2 as I don't know anything about them?

Any help much appreciated.
Cheers :confused:

YOU are confused??????? I am a SEAT parts manager and even I dont have a clue!!!!!
Have you tried a post in the Mk2 or ICE forums?

sconibeer

Thanks for the reply's so far.

Based on Kevs FR comments, I think I'm going to order a G16VC1, and see if it works.

Shadders it would be interesting to know what your guys tried to fit first, and who at Dension they are speaking to for advice.

I had two different answers from the same emails that i sent to Dension (manufacturers website), and ipodcarkitsdirect (UK distributors website) .

Also, I would be grateful if Kevs Fr can confirm he has and "07"ish vehicle with standard MP3 single CD stereo, & bluetooth option on his car.

Thanks to all, and I'll keep you posted.
Cheers

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy

Based on Kevs FR comments, I think I'm going to order a G16VC1, and see if it works.

Shadders it would be interesting to know what your guys tried to fit first, and who at Dension they are speaking to for advice.

I had two different answers from the same emails that i sent to Dension (manufacturers website), and ipodcarkitsdirect (UK distributors website) .

Also, I would be grateful if Kevs Fr can confirm he has and "07"ish vehicle with standard MP3 single CD stereo, & bluetooth option on his car.

Cheers

OK. I've now had email from Dension saying that part GW16VC1 is a brand new part only released in January this year!

The trouble I'm now having is confirming exactly which head unit is fitted as standard on my car. I have standard OEM unit which is MP3 compatible but can't find a note of the model number in the handbook. Anybody got any ideas what it is?

The guy I was looking to install this originally has said that he can get a Connects2 component that does exactly the same as the Dension gateway but I'm not sure. I don't know anything about them other than they seem to be a lot cheaper but I don't believe they will show info on MFD.

If anyone can help will be eternally grateful as driving me nuts! If we can get this sorted & working I will then list all the details I have.

Thanks

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland

Cheers

I went through all tis hassle with mine I emailed dension and ipoddirect who told me to use gw16vw1 but it didnt work at all. So I ordered a gw16vc1 and it works perfect. My car is an 07 FR TFSI with standard mp3 set and bluetooth with MFD. This part is pricey it cost me £167 delivered. The best way to track one down is type GW16VC! on google and there are only 2 people that sell it. (that i found anyway) Also the type of set is irrelevent if its standard thats it. Don't know why SEAT need model numbers off radio as no one else does. Hope this helps. Kev

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
I went through all tis hassle with mine I emailed dension and ipoddirect who told me to use gw16vw1 but it didnt work at all. So I ordered a gw16vc1 and it works perfect. My car is an 07 FR TFSI with standard mp3 set and bluetooth with MFD. This part is pricey it cost me £167 delivered. The best way to track one down is type GW16VC! on google and there are only 2 people that sell it. (that i found anyway) Also the type of set is irrelevent if its standard thats it. Don't know why SEAT need model numbers off radio as no one else does. Hope this helps. Kev

This info is invaluable to us - many thanks :clap:
One question - when you plug the Dension into the head unit, does it replace the aux socket or will the aux still operate?

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
This info is invaluable to us - many thanks :clap:
One question - when you plug the Dension into the head unit, does it replace the aux socket or will the aux still operate?

Hi

Can you tell me, would my standard head unit be the same as in an 07 FR as above?
I have Leon Sport 2.0 Tdi with MP3 head unit & Bluetooth.

If so think I'll go with the Dension unit as still very unsure about the Connects2.

Cheers

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah the SEAT one you need to remove the blue connecter and fit the one on the dension unit. But the GW16VC1 comes complete with harness that plugs into your radio and the harness on your car and into the dension unit all in one. Much better idea. Kev

sconibeer

I have fitted the GW16VC1 today and it works great, including all the info on the MFD, exactly as described by Kev. I suggest you all go out and buy one!

I got mine from ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk £144.81 including Vat & delivery. It's a bit more the the GW16VW1 from seat, but at least it works.

Thanks for all your help.

Scott

Concho

Jan 6, 2008
Southport
Read this with interest cos I've been to 3 SEAT dealers in the north west asking about this and nobody knows a thing really. I kinda gave up on getting one just people of the uncertainty. Now I knlow what to go out and buy. Mine's an 08 FR TDi so I'm guessing it's all the same as your 07.

Guess what I'm buying on pay day :lol:

One question, is it easy to fit? Because one dealer I went to didn't have a clue how to get the radio out and warned me not to try it myself too, is there any specific way to do it?

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
I have fitted the GW16VC1 today and it works great, including all the info on the MFD, exactly as described by Kev. I suggest you all go out and buy one!

I got mine from ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk £144.81 including Vat & delivery. It's a bit more the the GW16VW1 from seat, but at least it works.

Thanks for all your help.

Scott

Good to hear you got it working!

When you ordered, what head unit did you state? I've got the factory fit HU with MP3 & Bluetooth but I don't know what model number it is. Do you have any idea?

The guy that was going to install mine has now got a compatible Connects2 but I'm not sure which is better. Any idea which is best, Dension or Connects2?

Any help would be great as this has been going on for a month & am desperate to get fitted!

Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.