Dension iPod connector Not Workie :(

Johnnyopolis

Hi Guys,

I recently got this connector and had it fitted today. But it doesnt seem to work :(

Now my car has already got a Aux connector in the centre console which I have previously been using. This morning that has been replaced with the dension connector.

When powering the stereo back up, and hitting the CD/AUX button I can hear the music but get awful feedback through the speakers and the ipod isnt charging either.

I also noticed that in the DIS it still says only AUX and there is no CDC

The connector I bought is one of the latest ones off of David here.

So, my question is this: Is the unit faulty? or does it need to be reprogrammed to say that its got the Dension connected now?

All help appreciated as I would love to get this going.

Cheers,

Johnny

Johnnyopolis

Which model Ipod and which model adapter?

Its a new iPod Nano and the kit you get from David at Sere Motors.

Apparently there could be a wire that needs moving to a different pin.

Johnny

anthb

Nov 8, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've just installed a new Gateway 100. Prior to that I emailed Dension to ask if the GW15 versions worked with the new Nanos and was told that the new GW16's will along with the new blue cable (if i remember correctly) - (and then I was informed they're 6 months away) so got a current GW15 version.

I'm not sure what they meant by not compatible as I tried my new Nano anyway and it works perfectly as far as I can tell but like yours it doesn't charge. Maybe that's the incompatibility. So I just use one of my other Ipods (how many does a man need?).

Your fault also sound like Rob GTI's on here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183922#post2029317 are you sure it's the right part that's been installed?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members