Dent removal gadget

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I bought one about 2 years ago. Got the dent out of my mates bike tank pretty well.
However it comes with three pad sizes. Small medium and large. Your dent has to be bigger than the surface area of the smallest pad so the glue will fully hold. Any ping type dents or multiple sided dents are nearly impossible to sort.

PS I paid nearer £20 iirc so that is a bargain.

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
ok, little report on the gadget itself...

kit contains 2 pulling attachments, oval and circle, the oval being the smaller of the 2, a glue gun and 4 glue sticks.

had 3 'dings' on my car, one near the fuel filler, one on the N/S/R door and one on the O/S/R door. 2 were parking dents and the other caused by a drain grate flicking up and putting a nice scratch down the side but thats another story...

first off i tackled the O/S/R door. this was about the size of a squashed 2p coin. after several failed attempts with the smaller of the 2 pullers i thought this is doing FA, and turned my attentions to the other one by the filler cap. again, this was the size of a 2p coin but i tackled it with the larger of the 2 pullers. left it on quite some time (instructions recommend 5 minutes) while i attended to a couple of other jobs then returned and set about winding in the thread. one loud (and slightly scary) pop later and the dent had virtually gone! by this point i was slightly more impressed to say it only cost a fiver! :)

feeling a little more confident, i set about the other side and the dent with the scratch. this time i got a little more professional, and whipped out the hairdrier! gently warmed both the area in question and the face of the puller, liberally applied a squeeze from the glue gun and firmly stuck to the bodywork. waited a while, turned the screw and waited for the pop. the dent was visibly less prominant but still there. couple more goes following the same procedure - hairdrier, stick firm, wait, screw, bang! and it was all but gone.

overall im reasoinably impressed, obviously not as good as having the dent hammered out but for a tenner im not complaining. maybe on a hotter day or when i've got more time i'll be able to do a better job and remove the dents altogether, but im sure that will come as i hone my technique and find out what works best.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
ok, little report on the gadget itself...

kit contains 2 pulling attachments, oval and circle, the oval being the smaller of the 2, a glue gun and 4 glue sticks.

had 3 'dings' on my car, one near the fuel filler, one on the N/S/R door and one on the O/S/R door. 2 were parking dents and the other caused by a drain grate flicking up and putting a nice scratch down the side but thats another story...

first off i tackled the O/S/R door. this was about the size of a squashed 2p coin. after several failed attempts with the smaller of the 2 pullers i thought this is doing FA, and turned my attentions to the other one by the filler cap. again, this was the size of a 2p coin but i tackled it with the larger of the 2 pullers. left it on quite some time (instructions recommend 5 minutes) while i attended to a couple of other jobs then returned and set about winding in the thread. one loud (and slightly scary) pop later and the dent had virtually gone! by this point i was slightly more impressed to say it only cost a fiver! :)

feeling a little more confident, i set about the other side and the dent with the scratch. this time i got a little more professional, and whipped out the hairdrier! gently warmed both the area in question and the face of the puller, liberally applied a squeeze from the glue gun and firmly stuck to the bodywork. waited a while, turned the screw and waited for the pop. the dent was visibly less prominant but still there. couple more goes following the same procedure - hairdrier, stick firm, wait, screw, bang! and it was all but gone.

overall im reasoinably impressed, obviously not as good as having the dent hammered out but for a tenner im not complaining. maybe on a hotter day or when i've got more time i'll be able to do a better job and remove the dents altogether, but im sure that will come as i hone my technique and find out what works best.

That's quite impressive and a worthwhile evaluation!

Would the kit take a home-made attachment to deal with say a small creased dent or is the way the attachments fit too complex?

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
That's quite impressive and a worthwhile evaluation!

Would the kit take a home-made attachment to deal with say a small creased dent or is the way the attachments fit too complex?

the attachments are just a threaded bar with a plastic puller moulded to the end. i was considering taking a hacksaw to the smaller of them and modding it, will give it a go at some point. got to be worth a try

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks wrighty feel a little more confident about giving this a go. How long did it take for your gadget to arrive ?

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
Thanks wrighty feel a little more confident about giving this a go. How long did it take for your gadget to arrive ?

i ordered it on the sunday when it was originally posted about, and it came on thursday this week, so about 9 working days, not great service admittedly.

i think the trick is not to be scared of it, the first time you use it (and when worked out how to get a good bond between bodywork and puller) it will snap back with a bit of a bang, trouser soiling almost!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I still havent recieved mine. I checked the website and they have a message about premises relocation and all orders placed after the 29th January were delayed but, that they endeavour to get all orders despatched by the 24th. Today being the 23rd made me a little concerned so I have emailed them, still awaiting a reply.

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
got mine throught the post yesterday yay!! mine is a bigger dent yet very flat. caused by a football so will give the larger puller a go in the morning before the car is detailed. plan is to remove dent and get the side skirts cliped on before 8 o clock in the morning!!

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
received mine yesterday but I haven't tried it out yet, but to be honest I'm not expecting much

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Mine arrived earlier in the week, not had a reason to try it yet though. Has anybody used theirs yet? Did it work ok? Any tips or advice?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well mine never turned up and I hadnt been billed for it, just the website today and they are showing back in stock, so re ordered and will wait and see.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
wrighty,

how easy is it to get the glue and stuck pad etc off once the dent has beep pulled?

Well mine arrived and i gave it a go, when you start tightening the puller, at its highest point it then pulls away from the bodywork, the glue can then be just scrapped off with the attachment and solution provided.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.