Dent removal gadget

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
the attachments are just a threaded bar with a plastic puller moulded to the end. i was considering taking a hacksaw to the smaller of them and modding it, will give it a go at some point. got to be worth a try

the dent i have is quite small, what is the smallest size dent this gadget will remove do you think?

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
wrighty,

how easy is it to get the glue and stuck pad etc off once the dent has beep pulled?

not difficult at all, will come off with either the supplied tool or do what i did and used my finger nails!

as for what the smallest dent it can remove, i would say anything less than about a 2p ding and youd be struggling, but saying that i've only used it once and with a bit more practice might get better results.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
As the originator of this thread, I'm now going to have to buy one. :rolleyes:

The council have been retarmacking the footpath. Mrs DPJ reversed her car out the other day and there was this loud bang. She'd driven over a rake left in the road which flipped up comedy style and put a dent in her rear wing about 500mm high and 300mm wide.:-o

I managed to pull all of it out with one of those big suction type pullers, leaving a depression about 60mm in diameter.

I know what you'll say - claim off the council etc.... I can't honestly be arsed with the hassle......

No where's that link?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I finally got mine last thursday. I tried it out a few times and it did bugger all. :( the dent pulling pegs just twist and dont pull the dent out.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
hey, old thread i know but i need a dent sorting

its about the size of a tennis ball on the rear quarter panel

will this ding king gizmo work for this as its getting on me nerves now

cheers

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
It does take a bit of working out and a helper to hold the 'bridge' bits down. In the end I got it to work and was quite impressed. Had a few small dent and another larger one. The larger dent was quite big (around the size of a tennis ball too, the gadget got most of the dent out. Takes a few pulls in different areas around the dent and while it will still be slightly visible (mine had a slight crease in it) its worth it just to have a go and see how much it can get out. Also handy to have for the future really.

Last edited:

youngun20002005

where can i get 1 from please guys and do you think it will take a long dent like sum1 hit a bracket on a gate post kinda dent out almost 2 thirds down the driver side any ideas???

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
where can i get 1 from please guys and do you think it will take a long dent like sum1 hit a bracket on a gate post kinda dent out almost 2 thirds down the driver side any ideas???

get em from ebay matey

17.99 inc postage

or bigboystoys

tried mine yesterday, rushing a bit and the glue dint even stick to the bodywork

ill give it another go when i got more time to do properly.

looks okay though as long as the glue proper strong

as for the dent youve got then iot may take a ton of goes to do it but it can only be better than it is now like.

just dont expect bodyshop miracles for 18 quid

youngun20002005

thanks mate bery helpfull, ill go look now i hate having blemishes in my car i hope it gets most of it out, then i gota change my front wing, o well any ideas where i cn get a cheep 1 ?

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
quick update in the ding king, after sevaral goes on my dent, im struggling to even get the glue to stick to the bodywork. it did pull a bit of the dent out, and i mean a bit.

bit cack in my opinion.

anyone tried anything else to get theirs out with this gadget

its frustrating when you heat the gun for 5 mins, stick it to the dent for 5 mins, go out and the bloody thing comes strait off

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
quick update in the ding king, after sevaral goes on my dent, im struggling to even get the glue to stick to the bodywork. it did pull a bit of the dent out, and i mean a bit.

bit cack in my opinion.

anyone tried anything else to get theirs out with this gadget

its frustrating when you heat the gun for 5 mins, stick it to the dent for 5 mins, go out and the bloody thing comes strait off

okay, maybe i was a bit hasty, this thing does work, yes it DOES work#

15 quid for the gadget, bodyshop wanted £100.

just be patient, leave the glue gun for ten minutes and the tabs on for 10 mins to properly stick.
i used both tabs at once to save time, push down on them hard with the very hot glue to stick.

put the bridge thingy on it hold tight and it will pop the dents out.

not much good for small dings but mine was a tennis ball style on the rear wing and its brought it out>

best way is to heat the gun, stick the tabs and put the gun on again strait away and so on.

be patient and itll save you a fortune:funk:

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
oh, yeah and modify it slightly :drool: like we do, and cut some grooves in the plastic pullers with a knife to help the glue bond to the bodywork.

hope this helps guys, seriously if you give it the time and patience itll save you a bomb.:lol:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought I was harsh but, after using it a few times on my other cars Im impressed. Lent it to a friend who agreed that the instruction were a bit well erm ........... **** ? You need someone to hold the pullers down for you while you twist the thing in the middle. Definately worth the little investment.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
yeah ure right instructions cack, perserverance is the key, and getting the glue hot enough.

i did it on me tod like, so holding the pullers not the main thing that makes it hard.
please dont think this will pull all dings though, better the bigger the dent.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Its definately worth a pop thats for sure. I have used mine and lent it to mates quite a bit since getting it and its saved quite a few pennies. Does take some getting used to and since I cut the grooves into the pullers it works alot better.

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
hey guys , i got the ding king and am trying to remove some dents on the old car i have.

but i dont seem to be getting anywhere with it. when i am tightening the wingnut on the dent pulling tab, the dent pulling tab comes away to easily, and most of the glue (95%) is on the dent pulling tab. i feel that it is not pulling the dent out.

could it be because i put the glue onto the surface of the puller too late that it does not manage to bind onto the surface of the car. (since i got to run out with glue gun, the glue in the glue gun might have cooled down)

perhaps i should apply glue to the tab and the dent on the car at the same time, do you guys think that might have a better result?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
hey guys , i got the ding king and am trying to remove some dents on the old car i have.

but i dont seem to be getting anywhere with it. when i am tightening the wingnut on the dent pulling tab, the dent pulling tab comes away to easily, and most of the glue (95%) is on the dent pulling tab. i feel that it is not pulling the dent out.

could it be because i put the glue onto the surface of the puller too late that it does not manage to bind onto the surface of the car. (since i got to run out with glue gun, the glue in the glue gun might have cooled down)

perhaps i should apply glue to the tab and the dent on the car at the same time, do you guys think that might have a better result?

I had the same problems as well when I used mine yesterday on a mate's car. I guess it has to be a bit warmer or we were too impatient as the glue might have not set properly.
Alex

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
perhaps in warmer weather, the glue wont set that fast

i waited for 5 minutes before i tried to apply the bridge, perhaps waiting for 10 minutes before applying the bridge might work.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
The other option is to get someone to hold the bridge down gently while you twist the puller.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise