fr-tdi

Detailing freak!
Feb 7, 2008
fife, scotland
i plan to give the car a belated winter going over and plan the following:

rinse
snow foam (left for 5mins)
rinse
wash with poorboys super slick and suds II (2 buckets method obv) with lambswool mitt
rinse
dry with eurow waffle weave towel
clayed (bilt hamber)
autoglym super resin polish
2 layers of jetseal 109 (30mins apart)
2 layers of collinite 915 (24hrs apart)
finished with a quick detailer (zaino Z8)

winter wheels clayed and sealed with poorboys wheel sealant topped with the colli 915

(obv trim glass etc etc aswell but im only on about the paint basically lol)

sound about right?

thanks folks

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Sounds ok to me, you state

"2 layers of collinite 915 (24hrs apart)"

This isnt needed, if you apply the 1st layer & DONT buff off, then spritz with some QD or Z-8 if you wish, & DONT buff off, but then apply a 2nd 915 layer over it,& then buff off you'll be ok.

The QD acts as a barrier between the 2 layers.

Spit n shine is the method [B)]

Rubbish Boy

Process looks good to me. The only things I would say, to save some time and optimise the process a bit.

1) Clay the car while it's still wet, no point drying it before if you are going to make it all wet again.

2) 2 layers of Jet Seal and 2 Layers of Collinite, personally I would leave out the Jet Seal and go straight to the Collinite and save some time and product.

rye#1

Sep 29, 2008
sunny barnsley
Process looks good to me. The only things I would say, to save some time and optimise the process a bit.

1) Clay the car while it's still wet, no point drying it before if you are going to make it all wet again.

2) 2 layers of Jet Seal and 2 Layers of Collinite, personally I would leave out the Jet Seal and go straight to the Collinite and save some time and product.

good advice and looks like a good list,dont really think it would benefit anymore if you jetsealed or not looks/durability wise stick up some pics for us :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members