Devonmikeyboy passes the 300bhp and 400lb torque level from a 2L diesel.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
It's one reason I'm sticking with oem injectors in mine, and gunning for big power. I've seen the amount of smoke my injectors + lpg generates on full throttle, so all being well there is enough fuelling being done to go for reasonable HP.

Not sure what the NOS added on top will do - will be interesting when I find out....

golisago

Power on a 1.9PD with just diesel is about 250/260bhp with uprated injectors. My power with just diesel at the moment is 248bhp but that is with stock injectors, i have been trying to get some custom injectors made but the company i used messed me about then "lost" my original injectors so trying a different company. Hope to have about 280bhp with uprated injectors. No i did not have to change my intercooler Audi driver mag got that wrong. There is an Audi TT with a diesel engine in already running a 1.9PD engine with a VT5 turbo in England.

Hi all
I bought some injectors off of ebay recently for my fabia because i wanted a second set , they never turned up:cry: , who was the company who let you down Devonmilkeyboy.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
It's one reason I'm sticking with oem injectors in mine, and gunning for big power. I've seen the amount of smoke my injectors + lpg generates on full throttle, so all being well there is enough fuelling being done to go for reasonable HP.

Not sure what the NOS added on top will do - will be interesting when I find out....
NOS is just oxygen nothing fancy really. Without enough fuel NOS will make a car run lean and lose power. Since NOS is so cold when sprayed into a engine the EGT temps should go down.

Hi all
I bought some injectors off of ebay recently for my fabia because i wanted a second set , they never turned up:cry: , who was the company who let you down Devonmilkeyboy.

Getting a set of OEM injectors shouldn`t be very hard really, if you have any trouble give me a shout. The company that messed me about i would rather not name for reasons i cannot go into sorry.

golisago

NOS is just oxygen nothing fancy really. Without enough fuel NOS will make a car run lean and lose power. Since NOS is so cold when sprayed into a engine the EGT temps should go down.

Getting a set of OEM injectors shouldn`t be very hard really, if you have any trouble give me a shout. The company that messed me about i would rather not name for reasons i cannot go into sorry.

My hubby is saying he believes he may know the company you are talking about......you pass a very big power station he thinks :whistle:

golisago

I think its a shame that companies like this can get away with such underhandedness.

golisago

His tdi is quite powerfull but its getting there , it has 208hp.

I will ask him if he knows you , the kids are driving me mad now so i'll have to go and hopefully there great Father will sort them out when he lands.

Last edited by a moderator:

golisago

He said that he does know you having both your fathers having past away!!

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Well, my father sadly passed away one year ago and only 2 persons in here knew this up till now,,, one of these is your husband,,, bring him my regards please.

golisago

Well, my father sadly passed away one year ago and only 2 persons in here knew this up till now,,, one of these is your husband,,, bring him my regards please.

I will , he definetly feels your grief and to say not a day goes by that he doesn't think of his own father i'm shaw its the same for you.

Hows the reck coming along.

golisago

Very nice car Mike it looks like you beat someone we both know to the post with this monster , will you be taking her to Inter's this year and giving her a run out on the track.

There should be some fast diesel down there this year hopefully , don't sweat it Micky there's honer amongst us tdi'ers this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:

golisago

Hi Devon my man has the same problem with the new clutch he's put in , in that it slips and wished he'd gone with a 6 puck sintered joby.

Can i ask you what sort of bang for your buck would you have gotten if your injectors could flow say 20/40% more diesel , would you have been able to use a lot less propane or does the Nos react better to propane than it does with diesel.

Or would you be a bit biased because you've had such good results from the gas.

shadowmaker

2.5TDI 228kW 587Nm@1,3bar
Feb 28, 2007
Very impressive top end :clap:

Even more impressive is that you can rev it to 6k. I once used a really steep camshaft and it made possible to rev my TDI up to 5,5k with power, but after that it died completely. Although it made nice top power it really sucked at low rpm, so I changed to the current one.

That turbo of yours (VT5) is conventional style? It gives really weak bottom end as you have only 80bhp @2500rpm and 150bhp @3000rpm. You should try a decent vnt to widen your powerband. Vnt's capable for aprx.400bhp should spool much lower than yours. Well, atleast mine does...

It's nice to see that using propane and Nos will have a nice increase to power as I have been using plain diesel without any gimmicks. I think propane is too detonation prone, but maybe I'll try NOS in my TDI as I already have it on my gassers.

Any 60-100mph times?

Last edited:

golisago

Very impressive top end :clap:

Even more impressive is that you can rev it to 6k. I once used a really steep camshaft and it made possible to rev my TDI up to 5,5k with power, but after that it died completely. Although it made nice top power it really sucked at low rpm, so I changed to the current one.

That turbo of yours (VT5) is conventional style? It gives really weak bottom end as you have only 80bhp @2500rpm and 150bhp @3000rpm. You should try a decent vnt to widen your powerband. Vnt's capable for aprx.400bhp should spool much lower than yours. Well, atleast mine does...

It's nice to see that using propane and Nos will have a nice increase to power as I have been using plain diesel without any gimmicks. I think propane is too detonation prone, but maybe I'll try NOS in my TDI as I already have it on my gassers.

Any 60-100mph times?

I beleive that the VT5 is infact a vnt style turbo.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.