DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered Rims, AP Coilovers, 312mm Brakes, Milltek Turbo-Back

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Get someone to weld a slide hammer onto it to get that dent out, then hammer it out and patch up with paint? Doesn't even matter what colour as it'll be covered by the jack. Get a low entry jack lol

Sent from my iPhone

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Use the standard scissor jack to jack it up enough to fit the trolley under :)

Problem is the scissor jack won't go over the sill any more because of how bent the sill is :censored: otherwise would do it that way, cheers for the idea though.

Get someone to weld a slide hammer onto it to get that dent out, then hammer it out and patch up with paint? Doesn't even matter what colour as it'll be covered by the jack. Get a low entry jack lol

The dent I'm not too[/] fussed about as it's hidden by the side-skirts when they're on, was wondering what could be done to fix the bent sill. I do have a low entry jack but it's only the first 5 inches that are low so I still have to jack the car up using the sills :p

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
dont do it on the sill then? haha i just fit anywhere that feel hard. underneath there is like a small patch that feels like a grill haha i always jack it up on there :)

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
dont do it on the sill then? haha i just fit anywhere that feel hard. underneath there is like a small patch that feels like a grill haha i always jack it up on there :)

Lol, if only it was that easy :p I think the bit you're referring to is the fuel cooler? Fuel Cooler

In other news, I got my 1.8t pancake pipe fitted yesterday and have trimmed and tightened it all up today.

Old:

New:

Comparison:

I'll be doing a brief guide for this in the diesel section for the PD150's, 130s are a little different but will also include that when I do it.

Have also successfully stopped the lower intercooler hose from popping off on the passenger side! Very common on PD150 engines, in my case it turns out the C-clip I was supplied with with my replacement lower pipe was smaller than it should have been!

Inlet side clip is behind the passenger one, can clearly see the difference:

This means the clip doesn't sit properly behind the metal lug it's supposed to be holding in:

I got around this by putting a jubilee clip over the C-clip and plastic part and tightening up, no more cable-ties for me :D

Haydn1992

Oct 16, 2013
Manchester
Where did you find gloss black grills - been looking for some for ages!
Also, how did you find lowering the diesel? Heard too many horror stories about the sump, driveshaft and arb...
Is yours a 30mm drop?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
hhmmm never thought of the pancake pipe sounds like a decent mod! does it then go straight into the cooler? ive not had a good chance to look at the cooler piping

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I think that is the fuel cooler mate, have a feel for pipes going aft of the grated thing to confirm it....before I sold my fr tdi I had it on a ramp at work and saw mine was battered!

Sent from my iPhone

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Where did you find gloss black grills - been looking for some for ages!
Also, how did you find lowering the diesel? Heard too many horror stories about the sump, driveshaft and arb...
Is yours a 30mm drop?

I have standard dark satin grey grills, you'd have to spray them to get them black which I believe Ravi has done.

Lowering the diesel isn't as big a deal as people make out in my experience. I'm down around 45-50mm at the front and all the way down at the back, I have a big loop arb at the front so no knocking and unless I straddle speed bumps I don't catch the underside too often. Also, I roll without an undertray so don't keep catching that either ;)

what products did you use to spray all those bit under the bonnet?

I just used plastic primer and 1K body paint, can't remember who from though, will have a look at the name on the tin when I'm next in the garage.

hhmmm never thought of the pancake pipe sounds like a decent mod! does it then go straight into the cooler? ive not had a good chance to look at the cooler piping

With yours you need a 60mm coupler to go from the pancake pipe to the cooler, just gets strapped on with a jubilee clip in place of the standard pipe. The PD130/150 have similar piping, only the FMIC is different.

Have a check of my upgrade guide HERE to get an idea of the layout.

oh and no not the fuel cooler haha its a different bit very close to the bent bit you now have lol

I think as Josh said it'll be the fuel cooler, it's about level with the front of the driver's seat and has a fuel line going to and from the tank.

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Just wanted to ask you mate, are you still running the 225s on the rears? im thinking about getting more stretch so think im gonna go for 205s all round on the 8j and 9js. do your rears rub at the min? Final one lol have you got a pic from front on, just wanna see if youre poking the front? i just want mine flush

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
I have so much love for this car! Love the wheels and the stance!
Can't wait to get my wheels now!

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Just wanted to ask you mate, are you still running the 225s on the rears? im thinking about getting more stretch so think im gonna go for 205s all round on the 8j and 9js. do your rears rub at the min? Final one lol have you got a pic from front on, just wanna see if youre poking the front? i just want mine flush

Yeah I'm still running 225/40 rears, 9j et35 with 15mm spacers and I get minimal rubbing unless fully loaded or going over a big drop. I think 205 would work but might be a bit much, I do like a nice stretch though!

I don't have a pic at the mo but can try and get one tomorrow. The fronts poke by a few mil but don't look like they're mega poked, I have 8j et35 with 15mm spacers.

Hope that helps!

Hi. What did you use to tint your rear lights? Did you spray the whole light or just the clear part? Looks really nice! :D

Cheers mate :D I used E-Tech light tint spray (smoked). I just masked off the red part and sprayed the clear, 3 or 4 light coats to get a close to OEM look.

I have so much love for this car! Love the wheels and the stance!
Can't wait to get my wheels now!

Thank you mate, means a lot to get such good compliments :D staggered wheels really suit these cars, get em on and get some pics up!

Loving the ride, looks well with the staggered rims ;0)

Cheers mate :) I'm looking at some different wheels as these are quite curbed and in need of a refurb. Have just booked a holiday though so will have to see how money goes over the next couple of months!

Only updates recently are cleaning my car last week and getting the side-skirts cleaned ready to go back on :)

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered rims, AP coilovers, 312mm brakes, 1.8t panca...

Thank you mate, means a lot to get such good compliments :D staggered wheels really suit these cars, get em on and get some

No problem mate always chuck out compliments to people that actually look after their cars! And your cars the same colour as mine so even more reason too! I have some pictures of the old wheels which really suited it but they weren't staggered! Roll on Friday! 8.5 and 9.5j! ;-)

Seat Leon 150tdi Cupra readers ride! http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393444

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Haha cheers, needs a bit of tlc at the moment to get it back to a good standard!

I've just checked your thread, I did consider the calibre for mine, went with the Cades in the end for the staggered look.

Considering something different, all I'll sayis 9.5 is wide, but maybe not wide enough ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.