DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered Rims, AP Coilovers, 312mm Brakes, Milltek Turbo-Back

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Cheers mate :) they're 18x8" Cades Tyrus with 215/35s on, going back to 215/40 as soon as these run out though as it's just too harsh at the moment. I think 15s would do yours nicely, then again I went for 15mm and ended up with 20mm anyway. Loving your car up to now!

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
Hummmmm decisions! I think I will go 15's I've just ordered a set of 215 40 18's all the way round so hopefully the ride will be better and they'll sit better in the arches and add to the whole "stance" thing I'm trying to achieve!

Well I've decided on wheel colour now and they are going off on Tuesday! I'm so excited!
Check out my thread for the wheel colour! I think you may be pleasantly surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Thanks mate :) I've tried not to go OTT on the mods and glad it's been noticed.

I didn't get the 1756 fitted in the end as I couldn't get the outlet to fit anywhere, it either came in contact with the block, driveshaft or I had to kink the air hose to fit it near the firewall! I would have needed the outlet cut and welding to a better position and due to time constraints and the fact I needed to get my car back on the road I ended up going with a rebuilt 1749vb from Turbo Dynamics. It's a great unit and I have really consistent, strong boost through the rev range and in all gears.

I may look back at the 1756 route further down the line but for now I'm thinkin of getting a 2.5" exhaust on and getting a custom remap.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
It was really frustrating to say the least! I think it's cause of how low mine is, the driveshaft was in the way no matter how I clocked the cold side :(

The rebuilt turbo is much better than my old one, didn't realise it would make such a difference! Can't wait to exhaust/remap it now :)

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
It's a refurb oem one. I looked at the hybrids but they came in at a couple of hundred more and I'd already bought the 1756 so couldn't afford a hybrid on top!

Yeah I've seen some good gains from remaps alone, hopefully will get it done before the end of summer!

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Not much progress at the moment, had rear tyres replaced last week to 215/40/18s and also got a Milltek cat-back on order so hopefully have that fitted this week :D should sound a bit nicer and let the turbo spool up a little easier.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
I have the miltek cat back on mine! Great exhaust hakes the turbo more apparent and gives it a nice burble on idle.... Mines the resonated one!

Leon cupra 150! Purple everywhere- http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393444#

Nice one, do you have any vids of it anywhere?
I went with the non-res, was more of a split second decision when I was ordering but I don't do much motorway driving so should be alright. Really excited to get it fitted now! :D

Really nice car mate

Thanks mate, its getting there!

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Ah shame, all the vids I can find are of turbo-back systems or some form of decat with the Milltek cat-back. Yeah lookin forward to the new noise :D

Unfortunately I spoke to Demon Tweeks yesterday (they're local and will fit it for me) and the backbox won't be with them until earliestt 8th July and Milltek have stated 15th July for delivery :cry:

Also I have terrible brake judder (warped discs) and a scraping noise under part throttle and slight turn of the steering wheel. I think this is due to the front brakes being worn and warped so need to get them changed soon. Due to my recent splurge though I think I'm probably going to have to go with Pagid discs/pads all round! Was hoping to fit some fancy pads instead :(

Ah well, it'll be worth it once the Milltek is fitted!

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
How do you find that combo mate? I'm lookin at just goin with standard discs with some decent pads up front.

Also, how hard was it to remove the rear adjusters off your coilovers and do you have any rubbing issues? Feel the rear of mine could go down another notch.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members