Diagnotic light for Error in Mapped Cooling System

InvisibleName

Candy White Bocanegra
Jun 28, 2005
Peterborough
Has anyone experienced the following Diagnostic fault:

17704 - Error in Mapped Cooling System

So far Seat have replaced the Temperature Sensor, but the fault light came back on. It's booked in for all next week to give them plenty of time, but any advice from others would be greatly received.

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Hi everybody!
I am rePosting the following details, since the thread was moved.

As I told you there is another FR, besides mine, with the CheckEngine light ON, after the remap. For both, error code is: "17704 P1296 035 - Malfunction in cooling system. No image in the display."

The light keeps reappearing despite the fact that the dealer replaced several parts.
These were the parts replaced (under warranty):
thermostat, water pump, water temp sender(4pin - part number 059 919 501 A)

IT seems there is one more engine temp sensor (3pin)... The problem is under study as we did not discover where this part is located. Part number would be 06A 919 529 B.
Does anybody know about this last one?

It is very interesting that the persons I know with this error (including me) own FR LEONs.
People I know with TopSport cars did not experience this problem.

InvisibleName

Candy White Bocanegra
Jun 28, 2005
Peterborough
Got my car back today...... They changed the temp sensor (again) but this one was worse than the 2nd one. Aparently it caused the car to be a bitch to start, so they fitted a 3rd one! I've driven 200 miles today, so I'm expecting to see the light come back on again tomorrow morning, or am I just being a pessimist??

I'll let you know if they've cured it - gonna give it a few weeks before I get JabbaSport to reload my 'enhanced' map.

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
:(

I am wondering if this is really a system problem (sensors, whatever) or a software problem?
I also heard about this error on some other 2005 VAG vehicles.

Simon, or anybody with this error, can you provide the ECU software version on your car?

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
:confused: my light went out on saturday by itself!
Up till now, it didn't appear again.

Don't know about about Seat flash v7... I'll check some sources [B)]

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
:blink:
Light's back ON again!!

As I said, it went off on saturday...
After using sm other type of gas... Don't know if it is related.

...anybody else?

InvisibleName

Candy White Bocanegra
Jun 28, 2005
Peterborough
Car was in garage again on Tuesday &, after talking to SEAT technical in Spain, have been advised to change the thermostat. Unfortunately they didn't have one in stock, so it's back in the garage on Saturday - hopefully. If it sorts it, i'll post it here.

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
:(

...so, your software is the latest available for our models.
This is an issue for us as we only got version 6 and there is no update for our models on this CD.
But then again, if u checked with v7 and there is still no update... one more hope down the drain.

DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE.

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Hi everybody!

As mornings are growing colder my engine wants to stop (or even stops) as I try to get going. :( This is happening only at the first attempt to get in the move. Otherwise is running fine.
Think it is related to our older problem, debated on this thread..

I'll be visiting the dealer this week and post some updates.

The question: Anybody else??
Simon, how is ur car doin'?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.