Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Did Porlock in it

Discussion in 'Ateca' started by Tell, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Tell

Tell Full Member

Just to prove that my Ateca 190 DSG could do Porlock, UKs greatest incline, 25 percent, did it once for a joy ride and again the following day. Didn't get above 2nd first time, 3rd second time taking it faster. Due to sharp bends you don't get much of a speed up and obviously this is where it gets towing caravans without the umf that loose momentum. Did think afterwards would have been a good test of hill start if I had to stop. Going down hill, decent was well controlled by the DSG, it selected 2nd, bit of braking by me.

No problems except when a tree at the top dumped a load of water and took out front assist although my second theory is marine radar on the Bristol Channel. I lost blind spot on the second day at this location but had been on muddy roads. Feels a bit like coincidence given that front assist failed again without a tree dumping water or anything else at the top of Porlock before the return.

#1 Tell, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017