Diesel FR stage 1 CC remap - any issues these days??

spacedmonkeys

Jan 4, 2010
Birmingham
Sold my old puma and I've decided I want to spend some of the money on a remap for my FR - to try for a little more power and increase the mpg.

Most of my driving is motorway/dual carriageway, and 50 miles a day average. Car is coming up to 49k miles.

I've been reading lots of old threads regarding remaps, removing dpf, dpf issues...but not sure how current these dpf issues are.

I'm only interested in a stage 1 map, nothing more as want to keep the car as standard as possible and expense to a minimum, so I dont want the dpf removed.

I live about 2 miles from Midland VW who are doing Custom Code remap with a discount and rolling road test so quite convenient.

So - are there still DPF issues or other issues to expect with a stage 1 CC remap on a 2.0 tdi FR pre-facelift?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi Mate dont know much about stage 1's on these as ive gone straight to Stage2 (De-DPF,Milltek,Panel Filter)

If your not far from Burton upon trent theres a Company called CC Tuning,Chris the guy who runs it writes his own maps and has a Rolling Road aswell for before and after, He Also had a PD170 Leon for a year or so and as far as im aware ran nearly 200bhp without any problems at all

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Hey mate, have had both stage 1 and stage 2 on the leon since i purchased her in August. Literally an hour after taking her from th garage i had her remapped to stage 1. The car was defo a lot faster and torquey, mpg increased a little, but i did have issues consistantly, if changing gear quickly my car would hesitate off boost for half a sec then come back on, this happend at 4 k revs. With DPF removal, it elimanated thse and the car is night an day:)

graham463

Apr 12, 2010
tewkesbury
where can you get the dpf removed and a what kind of cost as the ecu has to be changed too to tell it that it is not there anymore, or am i talking s**t

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
where can you get the dpf removed and a what kind of cost as the ecu has to be changed too to tell it that it is not there anymore, or am i talking s**t

No ECU change. If you look in the JBS Section of the forum you will find more reviews and prices there. AMD is another company that offers the DPF Delete and map.
Alex

JBS Sales

Hi Graham,

At JBS we are still offering the DPF delete service, although the group buy has now finished I may be able to sort out some form of discount with you being a member on the SEATcupra forum.

The link below takes you to the different options we offer with the DPF delete, this also gives you more information on the service itself and potential gains ontop of the obvious reliability!!

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/listing/201/diesel-dedpf

If you do have any further questions or wish to book in please call us on 01246 455005.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
im also thinking on what to do.. whether to just go to stage 1 for now or straight to stage 2. Are there still problems with stage 2 with the injectors or something? or is that all sorted now? i dont really know either where i should have it done. Im from south wales so it would be a long drive upto JBS. How long does it normally take then for stage 1 or 2? Can it be done in a day?

JBS Sales

im also thinking on what to do.. whether to just go to stage 1 for now or straight to stage 2. Are there still problems with stage 2 with the injectors or something? or is that all sorted now? i dont really know either where i should have it done. Im from south wales so it would be a long drive upto JBS. How long does it normally take then for stage 1 or 2? Can it be done in a day?

Hi Lee,

The DPF delete option can be turned around in usually 3 hours, dependant on whether you go for the additional Milltek Cat-back system or not.

I would have to strongly advise not to go for a phase 1 map with the DPF still in the exhaust system. This is merely for the fact when the vehicle produces more horse power the gas output becomes greater and so will shorten the life span of the DPF even greater.

By getting rid of the DPF filter it creates a more free flowing gas flow to help give the gains it does without the worry of DPF faults occuring.

If anyone has any questions on the DPF delete please feel free to give us a call on 01246 455005.

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
Hi Lee,

The DPF delete option can be turned around in usually 3 hours, dependant on whether you go for the additional Milltek Cat-back system or not.

I would have to strongly advise not to go for a phase 1 map with the DPF still in the exhaust system. This is merely for the fact when the vehicle produces more horse power the gas output becomes greater and so will shorten the life span of the DPF even greater.

By getting rid of the DPF filter it creates a more free flowing gas flow to help give the gains it does without the worry of DPF faults occuring.

If anyone has any questions on the DPF delete please feel free to give us a call on 01246 455005.

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.

atm my car is completely standard when it comes to the exhaust or what ever. Dont know to much when it comes to stuff under the bonet lol So i could if i decide to have it done, drive upto you and could be done in a day? What about the problems with injectors? are they sorted now? I just dont wanna drive all the way back home and then have a problem and then have no one to go to..

JBS Sales

Hi Lee,

That is correct, if you drive up to us we can turn around this service within a day.

As far as I am aware, we have not had any problems at all with injectors relating to the DPF delete service.

Our idea with creating the DPF delete package was to increase the reliability of your vehicle as well as the MPG and BHP. With the DPF delete it does all these things, and at a fraction of the cost of just replacing the standard DPF filter from a main dealer.

If you do have any questions you want answering, please feel free to call us on 01246 455005.

Many thanks

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.

graham463

Apr 12, 2010
tewkesbury
jbs are you going to do another group buy had a read through the last one people seemed really happy with it what is the price for stage 1 and de-dpf as i looked on your site and there are a few different prices

JBS Sales

Hi Graham,

Unfortunatly I am unable to PM you due to the low post count.

All our DPF delete packages come with Custom-Code phase 2 software. The different prices listed on the website are for the additions which are available as part of the packages.

For example the cheapest package listed below comes with just the DPF delete pipe and software.
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/3350/170-ppd-20-tdi-largebore-dpfoff-package

The next package up comes with this, plus the addition of a Green Cotton panel filter.
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/2887/170-ppd-20-tdi-largebore-dpfoff-package-plus

The last package listed comes without the Green Cotton filter but has a Milltek Cat-back system instead.
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/2889/largebore-downpipe-dedpf-and-resonated-catback-package

At the moment there are no plans together for another group buy, but if you can get 5-10+ people together we may be able to sort another group buy out.

If there are any further questions you wish to ask, please feel free to give us a call on 01246 455005.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.

HD_PD_150

A Remap won't improve the MPG as such, since I had my 8V PD 150 remapped I noticed that the turbo noise cuts in at 1500 whereas it used to cut in at 2000 so you might expect to lose up to 6% when driving economically under 2000 rpm. I have noticed mine dropped by 6% while driving concervatively. People say a lighter foot means less fuel is going in but... when you have a remap more fuel is going in so your foot gets lighter but then also the turbo sings at earlier revs so it would be the complete opposite to being more economical.

Under hard driving it does drop considerably more, I have noticed a 20% increase in consumption from my remap but my FR's still surviving on £10-15 a week on my commutes to work so I'm not moaning.

Only things to watch out for are the increasing clutch slips, increased noise in the gearbox rattling while the clutch is up, and the life of the turbo - don't forget - put plently of oil in, it needs it!

My gearbox rattling has increased since the remap but I have not suffered 'clutch slip' yet and my FR hasn't broken down on the road side from anything yet... Touch wood!

JBS Sales

jbs are you going to do another group buy had a read through the last one people seemed really happy with it what is the price for stage 1 and de-dpf as i looked on your site and there are a few different prices

Well I'll put my name down for it if u do decide to do another group buy

Hi

We see no reason not to run another group buy :)

Perhaps you guys could make some posts and see how many people whould be interested.

Feel free to call or PM us, and we can get this going [B)]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.