Diesel owners! Miles per tank?!

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
soooo the eternal question, how many miles do you all get per tank? as i've now started driving to work its become important and after the remap too - so tell me, how many miles do you get? :)

I've only had the car just over a week, I managed 350 miles to a full tank, but that was a mixed journey (a lot of stop/start in traffic, some town driving too and a few short journeys)

Mpg I was seeing is anything from 40mpg-51mpg

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
I've only had the car just over a week, I managed 350 miles to a full tank, but that was a mixed journey (a lot of stop/start in traffic, some town driving too and a few short journeys)

Mpg I was seeing is anything from 40mpg-51mpg

yep same here,usually around 45 mpg with lots of town work but soon rises when given a decent run.

andypandypoos

Rodeo Monkey
Feb 14, 2009
Cowley, Oxford
I've just filled up, got as near as makes no difference 440 miles from the previous tank and the one before that, venting would see more but I CBA with that. mostly motorway miles but next to no regard for fuel economy, a hybrid turbo, a Peloquin diff and a JABBA SMF

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
On average I get around 400 miles to a tank, with a fillup costing around £38...

Most was 680 miles, that was with venting though!

If I get below 50 then I have been gunning it, usual is around 60mpg though, with best being 71.6mpg.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Yesterday i filled up with £32 worth which was about half a tank and had done 314 miles. At £1.18 ltr i guess thats over 50 mpg. :)

That included a run to the coast at the weekend. My normal short runs to work brings in 45 mpg.

Dec 3, 2009
same as above.. about 450miles, but half is town and half open road =]
would say some hard acceleration since the dual carriage way near my house has a 10 metre slip road <_<

Mar 25, 2009
bath
i do mostly town driving, and the car is just a toy thats better on fuel than my a3 1.8t,

i get anything from 37-55. 55 with a long journey, 37 just grin driving :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.