Difference in exhaust notes between DSG CUPRA 280,290 & 300

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
A number of CUPRA drivers like me lease and aren't all that keen on the idea of messing with the exhaust.

As the far as the standard systems go the 290 and 300 don't sound too bad imho.

Then again I am coming from a stock manual 280 which seems virtually silent apart from the actuator.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Want to talk about quiet?
Bone stock 265 DSG here with no chance on doing some worthy upgrades anytime soon...
I had to turn the soundaktor all the way up and teach my 2-year old kid to do wooshing and fluttering sounds

Reactions: Blowski

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester
Any chance of a picture?
E91B3056-CB18-49A8-BDFF-35FEC6A36B96.jpeg

These holes one on each back box

Thegreatnoodini

Dec 8, 2018
Good morning all. New member here. So just had delivery of my ST 300 dsg 4drive. This is my first performance car so it has literally blown me away in all aspects apart from the noise or lack of it. Done some research and It seems that there is 2 mufflers on the estate 4drive version??? Also my one is the 7 speed dsg not 6 speed which has no info one, not sure if this makes a difference? There is no pops crackles bangs at all. However spoke to a guy called Ben based in Manchester( not sure if I can NAME company) and he recommended a vagsport res delete. Roughly £150. Anyone had this done. Cheers guys

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Good morning all. New member here. So just had delivery of my ST 300 dsg 4drive. This is my first performance car so it has literally blown me away in all aspects apart from the noise or lack of it. Done some research and It seems that there is 2 mufflers on the estate 4drive version??? Also my one is the 7 speed dsg not 6 speed which has no info one, not sure if this makes a difference? There is no pops crackles bangs at all. However spoke to a guy called Ben based in Manchester( not sure if I can NAME company) and he recommended a vagsport res delete. Roughly £150. Anyone had this done. Cheers guys
All the ST’s have 1 resonator, then after the exhaust splits to go either side of the spare wheel well there are 2 silencers.
Res delete is a nice cheap mod for more noise but some people don’t like the drone it creates. So all depends what speed you cruise at on the motorway.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018

As ive found the car to be too quiet also ive tried the res delete, but did not like it at all. Made the sound too raspy at times, especially when the exhaust is cold. Installed the resonator back and planning to change out the rear mufflers to ones with the more straight flow, that im shure will make the car sounding great.
About the MY2019 one with the 7speed dsg, ive seen the pictures from the underside, and there was no resonator on the same place as mine/as before, BUT there was 2 resonators (round ones this time) on the engine side end of the exhaust pipe. Other than that the rear mufflers looked the same.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.