Differences between 130 & 150 tdi turbo

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
it says the 130 is a KKK? i notice the outlet side of turbo is in a different position? i looked at a 150 (golf) and my own 130 and they seem to look in the same place though, the outlet part that is. even though mine is a 130 it looks more like the turbo you have in picture for the 150.

slim_boy_fat

Confused Paulo i was under the impression that the 130 ibiza had the garett VNT-17 turbo..

prc

Sooty Meister
I've never seen a garett equipped ibiza 130, but have seen them in the leon & golf PD 130s. This doesn't mean that there aren't any garett equipped ones around.
The pics are from a friend's car while it was being replaced under warranty with a brand new kkk turbo.

slim_boy_fat

prc said:
I've never seen a garett equipped ibiza 130, but have seen them in the leon & golf PD 130s. This doesn't mean that there aren't any garett equipped ones around.
The pics are from a friend's car while it was being replaced under warranty with a brand new kkk turbo.

I always thought the the engines were identical and would come from the same source (exept the engine cover) on all VW-Audi-Seat-Skoda cars. Surely it would be more expensive to chop and change. I assume the KKK is a veriable vane type?

This maybe explanes why the Seat 130PD seems to get a tad more power thna the Golfs when chipped. There have apparently been some occosions when the Golf turbos let go...
Interesting...

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
This is interesting! My Cordoba PD 130, which I would assume is the same setup as an Ibiza, has got a Garrett turbo...

prc

Sooty Meister
There's been quite a few guys swapping the ibiza pd130 turbo for the 150 garrett turbo as of late. Did a few logs last night with one, and can definitely say if you plan to run high boost (over 1.4bar) you deffo need another IC as the stock one just can't cut it...(as many of you already know)

flat out in 4th the intake air temp rose from 36ºC to 100ºC in less than 2 minutes.... :-o :-o

bowliog

Jan 30, 2003
Birmingham area
Visit site
Quote from internet

"Ibiza Cupra TDI

The new Ibiza Cupra TDI is the most powerful Diesel vehicle within its segment. Its 1896 cc, 160 hp (118 kW) 1.9 TDI engine mated to a six-speed gearbox is based on the León FR's 150 hp 1.9 TDI.

Engineers at SEAT Sport have carefully fine-tuned the engine for increased performance. The result is a fantastic 118 kW (160 hp) output at 3,750 rpm, placing this TDI engine at the top of its segment. The 10 extra horsepower and 20 Nm extra torque achieved by SEAT Sport are delivered at the same rev range as on the 150 hp version. In fact, the new Diesel engine outperforms the 150 hp version across its entire rev range.

With its high engine torque of 330 Nm at 1,900 rpm, the model reacts immediately to driver response, giving exceptional in-gear acceleration. The Ibiza Cupra TDI only takes 5.27 seconds to accelerate from 60 to 100 km/h in fourth gear, 7.16 seconds in fifth and 13 seconds in sixth.

Further contributions to added performance include efficient electronic management, a redesigned intake and exhaust manifold, and the front intercooler, which enhances thermal performance by cooling intake air and increasing its density. This has a direct effect on power by taking better advantage of the fuel's combustion.

The intake diameter is larger until it reaches the air filter, and the new diesel injection and turbo regulation mapping have increased horsepower without significantly increasing turbo pressure, which is now 1.55 atmospheres compared with 1.5 on the 150 hp TDI."

Last edited:

StepOnIt

My car is a Ibiza TDI 130 & the original Turbo was a KKK (VNT17 A model).

The difference to all the other VAG cars is bigger, because they all use Garret VNT17 (B model).

The difference mesured in Dyno`s is sometimes more than 15 HP extra to the garret turbo.

Just for notice the KKK company went to trial because Garret as the patent to the Variable turbo geometry. That means that KKK aren`t allowed to produce this kind off engines.

After 60.000 miles I up-graded my turbo to a Hybrid Garret VNT17 (B- model), that actually boost my car to a 1.6 Bar (stable) & 2.0 (Hi)

Asta la vista

StepOnIt

micky 32 said:
what bhp are you getting with the hybrid?

It depends on the place you are doing the Dyno, because there are places that run the software at 100% and other that run at 90% . To me the 90% are the most correct ones.

At this moment, measured at a good Dyno, has the following results:

Din 70020 196HP
Torque 408 Nm
Turbo pressure 1.6 stable & 2.0 Hi
Repro stage 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceky

Hi! The diff between 130hp and 150hp are that 150hp has a bigger IC front mount and the 130 has a small one on the right side usualy , secound it is the turbo that has a bigger compressor part inside and third is the software from the ECU .130 runs with 1.35bar maximum press. and 150 with 1.50bar. If you need further info gest ask.....Regards

Ceky-DimSport Romania
www.dimsport.ro
[email protected]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members