Differences between driving modes

Gargi

May 8, 2019
I have an fr 1.0 tsi for about three weeks. I would like to ask if there is a big difference between driving modes and especially on steering weight. I ask because i can't feel difference just a very little one. As for throttle response i can not have an opinion because i don't push the car above 3000 rpm for now.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I usually drive in eco but put it in sports mode when going longer journeys on faster roads, where I want to overtake some vehicles. I can feel throttle response is sharper in sports mode, the car picks up quicker. I think its idle Rev is slightly higher too.
Steering also goes slightly heavier, but that isn’t to noticeable.

Gargi

May 8, 2019
Thank you very much for your reply. I feel the same with the steering.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
By changing the modes I can feel a definite change in the tightness of the stearing but can't really feel any difference in the throttle response.

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
There is a little change in throttle, but i have feeling that only the curve of the throttle is changed.... It is shame, that FR version have Sport profiles, and it only change the steering wheel but zero change to power....

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
For me I find the difference between standard and Sport quite noticeable. Steering gets heavier (but still manageable) and the throttle is much more responsive. If I tap the accelerator when in normal the RPM needle jumps up lazily and after I change to sport I apply the same tap and the needle goes higher and quicker. I have found that sometimes my car seems to forget what setting it's in after ignition is turned off and on, for example if I leave it in sport when I park for the night and get back in in the morning it seems to have returned to normal characteristics even when still in sport mode. Changing to normal and back to sport seems to get it going in proper sport mode again.

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

Gargi

May 8, 2019
Measured with torque app when in eco mode max boost pressure is up to 1 bar. When in normal or sport it goes up to 1.6 bar. Any one else has noticed that?

Cristian CH

Mar 19, 2018
Measured with torque app when in eco mode max boost pressure is up to 1 bar. When in normal or sport it goes up to 1.6 bar. Any one else has noticed that?
If this is true than you might get better fuel mileage in sport.(if you don’t play too much with the car).

Gargi

May 8, 2019
If this is true than you might get better fuel mileage in sport.(if you don’t play too much with the car).
I think that this is true. Although it might be just my Idea. I have not done any good test yet.

Gargi

May 8, 2019
A little update here. While in eco when accelerate lets say in third gear the boost pressure is from 0.8 to 1 bar depending on the ambient temperature. But if you suddenly press the petal more passing the kick down point pressure goes to 1.4 to 1.6 bar and you feel the difference in acceleration. If i am in sport the pressure is 1.4 to 1.6 bar no matter if i i press the petal until the kick down point or all the way down. I hope that makes sense to you and you understand what I am saying. My car has a manual gearbox.

Reactions: IanH72
Oct 19, 2019
A little update here. While in eco when accelerate lets say in third gear the boost pressure is from 0.8 to 1 bar depending on the ambient temperature. But if you suddenly press the petal more passing the kick down point pressure goes to 1.4 to 1.6 bar and you feel the difference in acceleration. If i am in sport the pressure is 1.4 to 1.6 bar no matter if i i press the petal until the kick down point or all the way down. I hope that makes sense to you and you understand what I am saying. My car has a manual gearbox.
Καλησπέρα φίλε έχω το ίδιο μοντέλο εδώ και 3 εβδομάδες. Εγώ το βάζω στην τελευταία επιλογή κινητήρας σπορτ, στρίψιμο νορμάλ και αιρκοντισιον Έκο. Έχω δει διαφορά στης στροφές με σχέση το Έκο και είναι ποιο νευρικό.

Στάλθηκε από το CLT-L29 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Sonicboom

Dec 3, 2019
I have noticed the steering seems to have more weighty feel in sport mode. It seems to be a bit tighter a bit more precise. The electric steering does not seem to give any feedback from the road. Hard to explain. You feel a bit detached from the actual driving experience. A bit like playing a racing game in the arcade. Normal mode is terrible really loose, imprecise and woolly. feel. Like driving a worn out plantation wagon.

I am used to hydraulic power steering. Still can not seem to get used to this. Feels twitchy. and too light. I have the correct tyres and pressures? The electric steering on the Ford fiesta is supposed to be really good? I understand there are advantages to electric steering. It is probably cheaper to produce for one thing. No real maintenance for the owner. Less weight. No chance of leaks or dirty fluid.

As for the throttle response I can not detect any difference? I think this is the one issue for me with the new Ibiza. I would probably like it to be hydraulic power steering. I think they call things like this progress.

Reactions: Gargi