Different colour alloys

b8er1234

Aug 29, 2012
Kent
Looking to soon change the colour of my 19 inch alloys on the Cupra. Would love to see what people have gone for on here.

I've got a black car and do like the look of black on black but wondering if anyone else could share some pics of different coloured(than to standard) alloys on their black Leons. Just to give me some other ideas.

Cheers!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
Seen a black cupra on Instagram where the owner (probably on here somewhere) had his changed from the diamond cut/black to powder coated silver. They looked so much better!
7ef80ccaca7cc20702e3726416eeb8eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
Brackley, Northamptonshire
It's all down to personal taste. For me black on black doesn't work, just as black wheels on white don't (for me).
I'm just taking my badly corroded 19s to be refurbished today. I'm going for Shadow Chrome, maybe that's an alternative you could consider??

b8er1234

Aug 29, 2012
Kent
Seen a black cupra on Instagram where the owner (probably on here somewhere) had his changed from the diamond cut/black to powder coated silver. They looked so much better!
7ef80ccaca7cc20702e3726416eeb8eb.jpg

Fancy chucking up some pics once done?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
It's all down to personal taste. For me black on black doesn't work

Agree, IMO the black wheels get 'lost' on a black car. If they're black gloss wheels, surprisingly they show up the brake dust quite badly too. Black wheels on a bright red car looks good though.

My preference would be to get them powder coated anthracite colour.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Yup, anthracite emphasises the functional/mechanical role of the wheel and being neutral goes with any body colour.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
If u look back to october in the for parts for sale section there's pictures from a set of standard 19" wheels (on a black cupra) re finished in gunmetal chrome.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433904

They look really nice; the added bonus is that getting rid of the diamond cut finish gets rid of the eventual onset of whiteworm corrosion (quite often starts at around 2.5 - 3 years old).

Someone on the Golf GTI forum had the whiteworm-corroded diamond cut alloys on their black Golf GTI powder coated in a similar gunmetal chrome colour and they looked great!

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I want to get mine done on my black fr and am either going to go anthracite as I think that looks the nuts against black or maybe even bronze for something a little different? Black on black has been done to death now!!

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Black in black booooooooooring . Shadow chrome, gunmetal... or Bronze. If i had a black car I'd get a nice shiny bronze, something about bronze and black. They go very well together.

Trutis14

Sep 15, 2016
Peterborough
I have to admit that black is boring and very common nowadays so I decided to paint mine 18inch alloys from silver to gunmetal grey looks awesome. ;)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
You could plastidip them and change them every week!
Or for contrast and a difference go white. Bugger to keep clean, but look crisp on black cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
Brackley, Northamptonshire
Picked my Cupra wheels up at the weekend. They had awful corrosion on the diamond cut surface so had them done in black chrome.

It's an interesting finish where surfaces perpendicular to your eye are silver, but as the angle changes on the sides of the spokes and inside the rim it's dark.

0e5c07672fb906351cf0388db8e7cf92.jpg

a57725a3d78c4e5d480eb46a3cb2dec1.jpg

And here's a YouTube movie of the wheels where you can see the effect as the viewing angle changes.

https://youtu.be/FdDX414_hHs

These were done by BJV Engineering at very reasonable cost!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Picked my Cupra wheels up at the weekend. They had awful corrosion on the diamond cut surface so had them done in black chrome.

It's an interesting finish where surfaces perpendicular to your eye are silver, but as the angle changes on the sides of the spokes and inside the rim it's dark.

They look great Ian. IMO much nicer than the fragile diamond cut finish, and much more durable too; especially during the winter months.

I took the diamond cut alloys off my VW and replaced them with a set of anthracite powder coated alloys and haven't regretted getting rid of the diamond cut wheels one bit.

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017

0e5c07672fb906351cf0388db8e7cf92.jpg

And here's a YouTube movie of the wheels where you can see the effect as the viewing angle changes.

https://youtu.be/FdDX414_hHs

Not only me then that hates diamond cut alloys. I also not like black on the inside of the wheels, but didn't realise they can transform diamond cut alloys back to a standard alloy. I was going to replace the standard Cupra 300 alloys as I hate them, but now I may get them coated having seen this guys efforts - they look amazing and make a real difference.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: rocket3
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.