Different Screenwash for fan jets?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Ric 2001 said:
What trim level have you gone for, I believe there are 3, ST-1, ST-2 ST-3?

P.S was looking on the net to try and find the freezing point of urine
ST2.

Now I'm not sure which I should be more scared of... You looking for the freezing point or the fact that there may be people out there who know it.

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
sssstew said:
:rolleyes:

alas a good friend who works for VAG is sorting me out some as its supposed to be v v good.

ps.... off topic guys!
Sorry dude...

I seem to remember hearing that the VAG stuff was for fans because it doesnt crystalise and damage the fans at -10 or something....

did you find out why you need the special stuff? :shrug:

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
slimjim said:
Someone did say you could piss in your washer res....
Wouldnt fancy the smell though :sick:
It would still be better than the VAG stuff. Last time my car was serviced by a dealer, it came back with screenwash that stank like an east German weightlifter's jockstrap.

But if you could get Charles Kennedy to piss in your washer reservoir it would be good down to -20C. ;)

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
dmjw01 said:
But if you could get Charles Kennedy to piss in your washer reservoir it would be good down to -20C. ;)
If I could get Charles Kennedy to piss in my washer reservoir I could get enough money from the 'News of the World' to afford a car with heated washer jets and a nice warm garage to keep it in.;)

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
sssstew said:
ok got the solution to this. The answer is yes you should really be using proper VAG stuff, i had a couple of bottles and on the back text it specifically says it should be used for Fan jets.
Good job ...

So the NEXT questions are..

WHY is it you need special fluid? (to do wit hfreexing and damagind the fans?)

And can you get hold of aftermarket fluid specially for fan blades? i.e. cheaper then VAG

:think:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Slightly off topic: The last time I had my car serviced the mechanic left the bottle containing the remainder of the screenwash which wasn't required (about 75% of the bottle) in the boot of my car for me. It's the proper SEAT stuff in a red bottle but I can't see any dilution instructions anywhere so I haven't used it yet. Anybody got any information on how to mix it?

dlever

Ol' Timer said:
Slightly off topic: The last time I had my car serviced the mechanic left the bottle containing the remainder of the screenwash which wasn't required (about 75% of the bottle) in the boot of my car for me. It's the proper SEAT stuff in a red bottle but I can't see any dilution instructions anywhere so I haven't used it yet. Anybody got any information on how to mix it?

well you can spin the red bottle of screen wash around and around to find the mixing info but will never find it, unless if you have a look at the bottom left hand corner of the label where it starts is a small info tag, pull it and as though by magic the mixing instructions are on the reverse of the label.

hope that helps

dave

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
dlever said:
well you can spin the red bottle of screen wash around and around to find the mixing info but will never find it, unless if you have a look at the bottom left hand corner of the label where it starts is a small info tag, pull it and as though by magic the mixing instructions are on the reverse of the label.

hope that helps

dave

Excellent, thanks. That's my evening's entertainment sorted out for today. Is there a small tag I can pull out to tell me where the small tag is?:)

sssstew

Editing your spelling
slimjim said:
Good job ...

So the NEXT questions are..

WHY is it you need special fluid? (to do wit hfreexing and damagind the fans?)

And can you get hold of aftermarket fluid specially for fan blades? i.e. cheaper then VAG

:think:

why is it you need special fluid - well you probably dont but i had access to the real stuff so i used it. Maybe its less likely to block the jets. Only someone from VAG would know.

alternative - not that i know of.

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
sssstew said:
why is it you need special fluid - well you probably dont but i had access to the real stuff so i used it. Maybe its less likely to block the jets. Only someone from VAG would know.

alternative - not that i know of.
Would have thought the "fans" has something to do with it....

Does your bottle have the peel off label like Dave says?

sssstew

Editing your spelling
erm cant remember sorry. But from the little memory i have i didnt need to peel the label im sure it had the symbols just on the bottom of the label.

i notice ol'timer says a red bottle, mine was in a white bottle (1ltr) with all the VAG logos down the side.