Digital dash broken?

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Hi all

Came back to my car today to drive it home and the digital cockpit was not working. There was a red triangle above the dash that seemed to stay on longer than usual

I tried the old off and on again trick with no success and had to drive home with no Speedo which was very disconcerting.

I tried locking it and restarting at home but nothing.

I can't seem to find anything online about this error, anything I can try before calling the dealer. Or has anyone else had this issue?

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Never happened.

It has happened that the temp and petrol lights don't come on, but just 1 or 2 times.

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Surprise surprise it didn't. Seat roadside back today to confirm it has failed a further 12 times. In the last 10 days. Given we only use the car a few times a week this isn't great.

They also can't take it to the garage as the service space isn't open and sale won't accept it. This means we have to drive to the dealer with no Speedo, which I am sure is not legal.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Yeah we are dropping it off at the garage today and playing a fun game of argue for the hire car as seat don't want to provide one. Fun.
:doh:
Hope it works out better for you than it did for me. Dropped off an M140i at the BMW dealership, they had it for a week to diagnose a rattle in the exhaust and all they managed to do was break the headunit which needed replacing. However they refused to reinstall apple car play which was a £200 option...

Still havent fixed the exhaust problem.

Good luck with it.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
:doh:
Hope it works out better for you than it did for me. Dropped off an M140i at the BMW dealership, they had it for a week to diagnose a rattle in the exhaust and all they managed to do was break the headunit which needed replacing. However they refused to reinstall apple car play which was a £200 option...

Still havent fixed the exhaust problem.

Good luck with it.
Common issue with the valve rattling, a year or so ago they were upgrading everyone to an MPExhaust, unfortunately that's stopped now

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Common issue with the valve rattling, a year or so ago they were upgrading everyone to an MPExhaust, unfortunately that's stopped now
Yeah, was fully aware of what the issue was, and the car still has a 16 months left under warranty. Not so fussed that they didnt fix the exhasut, more the fact that they broke the car and didnt repair the damaged they caused to the state when the car was left with them.

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
We got there and the lady was arguing with the Seat Recovery. The jist was she was saying as the recovery said it was inoperable yesterday they should have taken it yesterday and put it in a compound and delivered it to the dealer today.

They told her to sort the hire car out, she couldn't because the car was "operable" and so the system would decline it as we drove it there and they had not done diagnostic.

They then argued back and forth and she hung up on him

I suggested we leave the car and they run diagnostic and once the error is found we will come back for the hire car as she can then put it through the system.

She said she didn't want us to just turn up to avoid this, I said its not really our issue who sorts out the hire car so we just left it there and they will try to run diagnostic on it today so they can see its broken and then call us up.

Knew it would be fun.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well there is "operable" and "legal for public road use" - sounds a lot like it was not legal for use on the public highway, which in anyone's mind makes it unusable. Chat to SEAT UK directly and get them to sort all this out including a loan car, you have tried to play fair, SEAT UK is not!

Oct 28, 2019
Hi all

Came back to my car today to drive it home and the digital cockpit was not working. There was a red triangle above the dash that seemed to stay on longer than usual

I tried the old off and on again trick with no success and had to drive home with no Speedo which was very disconcerting.

I tried locking it and restarting at home but nothing.

I can't seem to find anything online about this error, anything I can try before calling the dealer. Or has anyone else had this issue?
I’ve got this exact problem. On mine, like yours, the entire screen (behind the steering wheel) goes blank, accompanied by the red triangle and engine management light above. Everything works fine – car runs, music plays – but there’s no display (including no speedo!). It seems to happen when I start up after a recent shut down. Eg run to the shop, turn off for 10mins, then restart the engine – everything blank. If I leave it longer before restarting it works normally (maybe 30mins? Presumably resets the electrics in some way). It’s really annoying! Still in warranty so hopefully will get sorted - had one “software update” from the dealer and booked in again next week...

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
So apparently the car is ready to be picked up.

They have done another software update and have done something with an access code??.

Lets see how long this one works for.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members