Digital Dash

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
with 5 options to choose from. Just read this thread and Android Auto does not work in the centre of the cockpit but only on the main 8 inch touchscreen...or at least I can't make it work but maybe because I don't have the High Nav system.
Hi mate,

Are you referring to Nav?

With regards to Navigation only the VW/SEAT maps are compatible in the digital dash.

This is the same on both Standard and Nav high units.

This is across the VAG group.

Only exception to getting Google satellite images I know of is the AUDI. With AUDI connect (not 100 % sure on the name). You can get the Google earth satellite view.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Brandon

May 7, 2017
Wiltshire
Hi mate,

Are you referring to Nav?

With regards to Navigation only the VW/SEAT maps are compatible in the digital dash.

This is the same on both Standard and Nav high units.

This is across the VAG group.

Only exception to getting Google satellite images I know of is the AUDI. With AUDI connect (not 100 % sure on the name). You can get the Google earth satellite view.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks Mate. Schoolboy error - I should have read the manual first! So, I just played around with the settings and can now have the whole map in the cockpit. It's a shame that the individual turns are on the touchscreen rather than on the edge of the cockpit (unless you're going to tell me that it can do that too :clap:) but what's there is already much better than the old set up. Thanks again.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
with 5 options to choose from. Just read this thread and Android Auto does not work in the centre of the cockpit but only on the main 8 inch touchscreen...or at least I can't make it work but maybe because I don't have the High Nav system.

With nav high, you can have SEAT nav on both digital cockpit and infotainment screens. You can't have Apple CarPlay on digital cockpit and as far as I know it's the same for Android Auto.

Edit - hadn't seen Lmbarrett83's reply

Last edited:

Sparxuk

Mar 23, 2018
Got my cupra on Tuesday and loving it.

One query I have tho; I was driving it today and had an audible beep, and a big red picture of the car from head down, with what I describe as sensor type lines at the front and sides, appeared on the digital dash, was only there for a few seconds then disappeared. Anyone got any idea what this means?

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
Collision detection. Detects cars slowing rapidly in front of you. You can change how sensitive it is.

Sparxuk

Mar 23, 2018
Ah ok sounds right, as on a country road at the time and think I was passing a car coming the other way so that makes sense, thanks

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
Ah ok sounds right, as on a country road at the time and think I was passing a car coming the other way so that makes sense, thanks

It does get confused occasionally. I wonder if it looks for red lights, because there's a sharp right hander near me with really bright red reflectors on the crash barrier that always sets it off at night. Having said that, I like that it's there as it's helped me a few times.

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
Probably picking up the crash barrier rather than colour...?

That's probably the case tbh. Not sure whether the Cupra has any forward looking ability to detect lights. It would seem sensible to to have some ability to detect brake lights integrated into an anti collision system, but I suppose the radar does the job by itself pretty well.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Can this be collision detection be switched off completely ?

Yes, in vehicle settings menu - although there might still be some underlying systems active.

That's probably the case tbh. Not sure whether the Cupra has any forward looking ability to detect lights. It would seem sensible to to have some ability to detect brake lights integrated into an anti collision system, but I suppose the radar does the job by itself pretty well.

I think the tech isn't quite there yet, but could be something that's standard in future, I guess.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yes, in vehicle settings menu - although there might still be some underlying systems active.

One of our sales guys has a Volvo with a similar system on it.

He has a short drive in front of his garage door and has lost count of how many emergency stops the car has performed just turning on to his drive because it thinks he is not aware of the garage door !!

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

He has a short drive in front of his garage door and has lost count of how many emergency stops the car has performed just turning on to his drive because it thinks he is not aware of the garage door !!

Yeah. Usually recommended to keep these systems switched on. But obv think about switching off if they’re regularly misfiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Just have a very similar experience in Mazda 6.
Leaving parking area secured with ramps, where leaving ramp goes up automatically when car is detected in front of it.
Problem is, that Mazda 6 brakes at the exit cause it sees this ramp in front of me.
There is a high risk that the car behind me will end in my boot, as commonly they want to leave in a row without letting the ramp going down again (as it takes some time), but they do not assume I (my car, not me! :censored:) will make a full stop instead of increasing speed and leaving parking area. Really annoying when using this parking area every day..

Last edited:

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
Just have a very similar experience in Mazda 6.
Leaving parking area secured with ramps, where leaving ramp goes up automatically when car is detected in front of it.
Problem is, that Mazda 6 brakes at the exit cause it sees this ramp in front of me.
There is a high risk that the car behind me will end in my boot, as commonly they want to leave in a row without letting the ramp going down again (as it takes some time), but they do not assume I (my car, not me! :censored:) will make a full stop instead of increasing speed and leaving parking area. Really annoying when using this parking area every day..

I've never had the car actually apply the brakes, just the audio and visual warning fortunately. 99% of the time it goes off it's right to to be fair.

Reactions: markmeus

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK

I get to drive a real veriaty of cars for work many with the 'anti collision' systems,. They seem to vary in sensitivity a great deal some as said can be altered. The only one that has come to an anbrupt stop when I wasn't expecting it was the Volvo as I approached a car park barrier perfectly safely, it jammed on the brakes and scared the living daylights out of me ;). Guy behind wondered what the hell was going on, thankfully he was a safe distance behind or rather than preventing it would have caused an accident :(

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I've never had the car actually apply the brakes..
That Mazda 6 applies brakes every day at the exit of that parking area.. Really bad.
When it happens to me 1st time I was really shocked what is going on?!??

But to be honest, the setting of the ramp is also quite bad. It goes up at the very last moment, you have to be really close to it. When it detects you, it goes very fast up, so if you are driving, you can really just go.
If you will be there 1st time, you would nearly even stop by yourself and wonder how to make this ramp going up, but if you are there every day you know how it works and do not even decrease speed at it. At least not by yourself.. :blink:

Returning back to the topic of Digital Dash - I was just specifying already ordered Golf where is of course Virtual Cocpit available, but without navigation it makes no sense. The same will show board unit in between speedo/rpm..
From my point of view navigation makes no sense as car producers want too much money for that.
You have nav in your phone for free (Google Maps/Waze), maps are updated really much faster as maps update for your car. This is still the weak point of car producers.....

So for me - dig. dash - NO without NAV and NAV makes no sense for requested money. Sorry. :ban:

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
That Mazda 6 applies brakes every day at the exit of that parking area.. Really bad.
When it happens to me 1st time I was really shocked what is going on?!??

But to be honest, the setting of the ramp is also quite bad. It goes up at the very last moment, you have to be really close to it. When it detects you, it goes very fast up, so if you are driving, you can really just go.
If you will be there 1st time, you would nearly even stop by yourself and wonder how to make this ramp going up, but if you are there every day you know how it works and do not even decrease speed at it. At least not by yourself.. :blink:

Returning back to the topic of Digital Dash - I was just specifying already ordered Golf where is of course Virtual Cocpit available, but without navigation it makes no sense. The same will show board unit in between speedo/rpm..
From my point of view navigation makes no sense as car producers want too much money for that.
You have nav in your phone for free (Google Maps/Waze), maps are updated really much faster as maps update for your car. This is still the weak point of car producers.....

So for me - dig. dash - NO without NAV and NAV makes no sense for requested money. Sorry. :ban:

Guess it depends how you use it. I like some of the features, but then I probably only use sat nav once a month at most and when I do it's no real hardship to look at Waze on the centre screen. Also it was a no cost extra on my car so didn't get a choice anyhow!

silles

May 4, 2017
maybe I'm dumb but I cannot work out how to check the total mileage on the digital dash. It only displays the trip millage

Brandon

May 7, 2017
Wiltshire
maybe I'm dumb but I cannot work out how to check the total mileage on the digital dash. It only displays the trip millage
My total mileage is displayed on the bottom of the digital dash on the right hand side. I think it's also displayed permanently, with the trip distance on the left. You can see what I mean on my photo in an earlier post. Hope that helps.