Dilemma - Help Please

jwoolley95

Apr 11, 2018
Hello

I’ve recently changed jobs and I’m travelling more now, im doing roughly 1400 miles a month, plenty of motorway miles to be done, couple of A roads.

I’ve currently got a 1.4 Leon FR petrol and I’m currently averaging 50mpg (eco mood on and not driving like an idiot), it’s on finance and cut long story short it’s going back in the next few weeks. I’ve had a number of people tell me I need a diesel for doing so many miles but then on the other hand I’ve had others say stick with a petrol so I wanted everyone’s advice. I’m keen to stay with SEAT because I love the designs of the range and they’re a good brand overall. I’ve seen the Ibiza 2.0 diesel, does anyone have one? Are they reliable and fun to drive? Or like I say would people stick with a petrol and if so what seat would you go for? I have a budget of around 5 and half grand.

Thanks for any advice!

Josh

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I take that your 1.4 is the 125bhp one and not the ACT 150bhp one? Else you would probably be getting closer to 55mpg and I would say keep the car. Ibizas are not as comfortable on motorway comared to the Leon (I know I had both an Mk3 Leon and Mk5 facelift Ibiza). With 1400 miles a month, eg..over 15k a yr, def go diesel. If Ibiza, there's even a 1.4 TDI, that is either 90 or 105PS, or a Leon with 1.6TDI or 2.0TDI 150. The 1.4 and 1.6 TDIs should give you mid 60s MPG (@ NSL) and the 2.0TDI, high 50s low 60s mpg. Barring that, a 1.0TSI Ibiza can also get you mid 50s mpg.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.