Dimension Ipod Connector

Redman

Picked up my car on Wednesday night (1.2 Ibiza) and we managed to blag an ipod connector with the car when we bought it. They didnt have the part in when i went to pick it up so i went to get it fitted yesterday when they had it in stock and to my surprise all it does is charge my ipod up and use the AUX selection on my HU. Has anyone else got this product? there was me thinking that i'll have a menu come up on the massive interface that is the stock HU but nothing even in the manual for the product says that it gives an ipod interace menu on the headunit? anyways to the chase anyone have the ipod connector? and does it give you an ipod interface menu?

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Picked up my car on Wednesday night (1.2 Ibiza) and we managed to blag an ipod connector with the car when we bought it. They didnt have the part in when i went to pick it up so i went to get it fitted yesterday when they had it in stock and to my surprise all it does is charge my ipod up and use the AUX selection on my HU. Has anyone else got this product? there was me thinking that i'll have a menu come up on the massive interface that is the stock HU but nothing even in the manual for the product says that it gives an ipod interace menu on the headunit? anyways to the chase anyone have the ipod connector? and does it give you an ipod interface menu?

Hi,

Does your car have the usb connection? Thats where mine charges the ipod from

Ian

Redman

well the garage has fitted this bit of kit by dimension and i think its a USB interface that comes from the glove box,same as yours? does yours give you control over your ipod with your wheel controls?

JonnyT30

Jul 18, 2009
Look at the accessories section of the seat web site and you will find the Dension ipod integration kit, which is what I assume they would have fitted. The description says that it allows the Hu to control the ipod so think you need to ask your dealer what they have fitted.

On a different note though, does anybody have any idea what use the factory fitted usb/ipod kit is, because i ordered it on my car and it appears to be a complete load of shite. It seems to me that you can no longer buy an ipod that is compatible with it, if you go by the list on the seat web site.
Has anybody purchased one of the £65 ipod kits with the pointless black cases? Can you just separate the dock part and plug in any ipod. Have read some comments on here from people who are quoting what their dealer has told them, but imho, some of the peeps who sell cars, don't have a clue.

Ibiza 09

i dont have the usb i just have the AUX connector and it charges my ipod and plays the music to play the music i think you have to press the media button where you go for playing cd's

JoMcf

Hello,

I am looking at the dension cable too. I have a 2007 Ibiza and it has the alana head unit with an Aux in, but it's just the jack going into the headphone socket, so doesn't charge the iPod. I'd like to be able to control the iPod through the steering wheel controls - would the dension lead allow that to work?

I had looked at getting a new head unit to control the iPod and bluetooth hands free, but don't know what one to get that will keep the steering wheel controls...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.